France Prohibits Sending Currency, “Coins And Precious Metals” By Mail

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SilverForLife, Jun 10, 2013.

1. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Dude, have you ever had? Its fantastic. I started simply mixing mayo and ketchup together, but now I am full bore mayo with some herbs and spices tossed in. I hate eating out and only having blah ketchup on my fries.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

That is just wrong on any known planet with the possible exception of Neptune. Next you will be telling me you put mayo on your hotdogs.....

4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

:eek: I am not a commie! Lol.

5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Anybody else eat Peanut butter and Mayonnaise (lettuce optional)...Mmmm, good!

[​IMG]

6. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

So this is now a French cuisine thread? Awesome....filet mignon....grilled to medium rare...nice...

7. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Another biased and not entirely accurate column posted by SilverForLife.

Anyway, lots of countries prohibit the mailing of coins/bullion/paper money by mail. I'm actually surprised that the US doesn't. The only reason it's allowed by the US is the USPS is essentially indemnified from insuring negotiable instruments unless sent Registered Mail.

8. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Aww, Peace, we just can't agree on anything, NY Strip, or Ribeye, never Filet Mignon, but of course medium rare is the only way to go. :)

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No, bloody rare is the way to go.

10. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Steak tartar. Now THAT'S good eatin'.

11. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Ah, a Purist, got to respect that :)

12. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

When asked how he would like his steak, my Father used to say..."Run the cow through a warm kitchen." :D

13. SilverForLife

SilverForLife Member

I wish we could get Paris Mint 1oz silver bullion coins, but I have never seen any. It looks like I never will.:eek:

14. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

May well be so. After all, the Monnaie de Paris does not issue "1 oz" silver coins. :D

(Would have to go through their issue program, but as far as I remember, only some of their gold coins can be had as 1 oz pieces - not the silver issues.)

Apart from that, guess we will simply have to wait until the next customers get their coins from the mint. What is interesting, I think, is that the terms & conditions, last updated 30 May (thus one week after the modification of the law), say: "Les commandes sont (...) livrées, pour la France, par La Poste, pour les DOM-TOM en colis Outre Mer et, pour les autres destinations hors Union Européenne, en colis international." (The English version says basically the same but does not have a "Last Updated" date at the top.)

As mentioned before, I have an assumption regarding this issue. But it would not sound as the hyperventilating ;) in the topic title.

Christian

15. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

This is my favorite thread! ...the only place I can watch Bugs Bunny and listen to Edith Piaf all at once!

16. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Say what you want about eating fries with mayo, but when I was in Paris chomping down pomme de terre and mayo, I was washing it down with French beer - in McDos. Really the beer was the only reason to go to McDo there, because I cannot stand McDo otherwise - but a neat novelty if you have partaken of McDo meals in various different countries around the world.

17. SilverForLife

SilverForLife Member

Wow...that is too bad. I have seen online some partial silver bullion coins, but not .999 silver. Too bad as I would like to have just a few.:yes:

18. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

IMG_4466.jpg IMG_4469.jpg IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg IMG_4471.jpg IMG_4472.jpg IMG_4472.jpg
    Alas no more nice Frenchies. :(

19. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Well, yes, they do not issue such Franc coins (nice coins you show there!) any more. But the MdP stopped doing that more than ten years ago. ;)

Christian

20. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Don't like beer regardless of the place that serves it ;) but yes, it is nice to see how they have different foods at different locations. For a while they even had Currywurst here in DE. Then again, I was delighted to find out that there are venues (not MD) in Los Angeles which also have it ...

Christian

21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Isn't that grounds for treason in your country? :devil:

Draft saved Draft deleted