Found!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by 99362, Jun 5, 2009.

1. 99362

99362 New Member

some guys came by my house and asked if they could "probe" for anything buried on my property ... i agreed, if i got to keep what they found (if i wanted it).

after about 20 minutes, they hit something metal. i helped them dig (since i was getting what i wanted), and it was a HUGE old safe with ~750 oz. of gold (brick style) in it (actually had to take my tools to the safe and cut it open, couldnt carry it with that much gold in it)! i ended up giving the people that initiated it (and found location) 2 ounces each, as a thank you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

Is that a fact...and your grandmother died recently and left you a roll of valuable coins as well?

4. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Banished to the "Land of DAKPUPA":D :D

RickieB

5. 99362

99362 New Member

no, i am not pupa. my grandma did die about 5 years ago, but i received no coins.

6. 99362

99362 New Member

you haven't really been paying attention to my threads, have you? i joined near the end of may (like maybe 10 days ago) and already have over 60 posts.

if everyone thinks i'm just mimicking dak (whoever that is) or pupa (i did read the "granny died and made me rich", but didn't think twice about it) ... maybe i should find somewhere else to be active. i have already purchased some coins from some members here.

7. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

So, are you going to buy some igloos, like pupa, with all this new "found" gold!!! :D
    Congrats on your find... :D :D :D :D

8. tmoneyeagles

Alrighty, give us an ultimatum to leave...
    You think it is worth to leave cointalk, knock yourself out...
    But just know, now with pupa's thread, it makes it hard for any of us to believe anything anybody says, I believe pupa had some 200 posts, and was a member for a little while, before he pulled that granny died thread
    You said it yourself, you joined like 10 days ago? So, you have 10 days of credibility, if you'd have been a member for like 4 years, or so, maybe you'd be given more credibility to this being real... And I think, if that thread wouldn't have been dug up, that we might believe you a little more...
    Any chance we can see the pictures! :D

9. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

PLEASE POST SOME PICS. Ihave never ever seen that much raw gold.

10. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

11. tmoneyeagles

If this is a joke thread, seriously, grow up, and please don't bother anymore...
    But, if it is not, this is quite a find... Please, prove me wrong with some pictures

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Assuming that all is as you said, You made a big mistake opening it in front of 2 people and giving them actual samples. You should immediately retain an attorney and seek his advice as to how to proceed. Every state has antiquities laws, as well as found treasure laws. If the safe was insured and stolen, the insurance company can seek it and the contents, etc. It may be a long time before you can actually spend any of it free from legal action. Wouldn't it be sad if you had to pay for the 4 oz of gold you gave to the workers.

All in my opinion,
    Seek qualified law advice within your state.

Jim

13. 99362

99362 New Member

i originally made a typo, it was about ~75 oz. .... easy mistake to add a 0. here is pic of some of it.

Attached Files:

14. tmoneyeagles

Uhhhhh...
    What exactly is that background...
    The photo looks, fake... Really does..
    Looks like somebody got some gold, and photoshopped it, multiplied it a couple times, and put it in with a weird background...
    Any chance, a picture, with you holding some, like your hand and the gold?

15. TWRJR

TWRJR Junior Member

I'm agreeing with TMoney on this one. I'm new to coin collecting and would not question anyone on this site, as I am still learning. However, I work with computers on a daily basis and this is indeed a "cartoon" picture, also known as clipart, easily copied from any given website on the internet. It is not a true image, merely a computer generated one.

16. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Guys...
    what the person does not realize it that he just posted an image of 20 plus 100 oz bars...

Hummm in my book that 2000 oz which is ~ 125 lbs of gold...yea right...

Go find DAK and tell him he owes me a 1/10th oz!!
    I dont even know why I care, thats the funny thing.

Why not go play somewhere else??

RB

17. Dima

Dima Member

Grats on your find mate!!

Here's my gold pile - doesn't look fake and only took me 2 min to find on the interwebs.

Attached Files:

18. tmoneyeagles

Sniff, sniff...
    We are like bloodhounds here at cointalk!!! hahahaha!
    We sniff it out...
    Just saw the thread with DAK... That was jacked up...

19. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Thanks, I'm going to believe you now! What's each bar weigh? How pure is it? Man, that's some pile. Nice satin purple cloth backround too. Purple for royalty, now.
    VERY GOOD WISHES TO YOU. Hope all good things come of finding it.

20. TomCorona

TomCorona New Member

Good thing you had them agree to give it to you first. Hey, I bet that gold's dirty...lighter fluid'll clean it right up though. I know. The 377 pounds I found last week used up almost a whole can.:rolleyes:

21. TomCorona

TomCorona New Member

i originally made a typo, it was about ~75 oz. .... easy mistake to add a 0. here is pic of some of it.

Now that I can believe. Four and a half founds and you could lift the safe..no way though with almost 47 pounds., good thing the safe wasn't too heavy.

Draft saved Draft deleted