Fort Knox Gold how much if any is there ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jun 30, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I was watching the tale end of a documentary last night and thought this
    Might make a great topic for discussion in our forum.

the questions i have:

How much Gold is actually in Fort Knox if any ? i say that because there should
    be full disclosure here, the mystery only carries speculation on what you have

Ordinary Fool likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

My guess is none.

Several from the 5th have hung out here in days past as well as a few of the others from that base. None of them would ever come out and say, but, none of them expressed any confidence that they were guarding anything other than the base.

The guys did bring me all kinds of Sadam bills and Iraqi coins, a captured Iraqi Elite Guard Black Beret and some traditional Arabic head garb.

4. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

The bullion depository at Fort Knox currently holds 147,341,858 troy ounces. The US Mint's other two depositories in Denver and West Point hold another 97,921,038 troy ounces. These numbers do not include special holdings like the elusive roll of 1933 double eagles or US Mint's working stock.

I'm going to need more than just theories or circumstantial evidence to convince me that some or all of the gold has been removed from Fort Knox.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    beef1020 likes this.
  5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Be cautious. Threads on this subject comes about every 4 years, and usually ends with some members taking 'vacations' as they jumped into politics which is not an allowed subject. Just mentioning it now as one may drag many along.

6. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Beyond what SpeedBump mentioned, Ft Knox is supposed to also house some foreign gov't reserves.

7. mpcusa

[​IMG]

8. mpcusa

In addition to my boy "Paul" above making a statement and giving un substantiated
    Numbers is fool hardy, the only question i have, is when were you inside these places and did your own calculations ? i will need the exact date
    and time along with the name of the president of the United States that
    went with you ?

9. Ordinary Fool

Stop being silly, it's published to the internet.

10. mpcusa

Do you believe everything you read ?

There is so much miss information out there that you cant believe anything you read anymore so if that,s out there
    is it true ? you tell me... but i will need much, much more then it being listed on some website that,s for sure

Here,s a great example, when i was in high school drag racing was a huge part of every day life as we had a
    club at school and all my friends and other people had fast cars, how fast i was told by several there car,s
    could do a 10 second quarter mile times when we got to the track it was more like 15...LOL

So ever since those days, i have moved to Missouri "THE SHOW ME STATE"

11. Ordinary Fool

I concur and if you don't believe my moped is in the S&S 11 second club, just ask me.

mpcusa likes this.
  12. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Coin Week posted a talk by past mint director Edmund Moy and he claims he saw gold in Fort Knox.

This dates to about 4 years ago.

13. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Come on now. Mary Brooks peeked inside the vault in 1974 and everything looked okie dokie. :p

14. Ordinary Fool

life may not be worth living when they can no longer fool you at the carnival

15. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

When were you inside to say it wasn't?

It's a question that has no point of everyone arguing whether it is or it isn't. The whole point of the conspiracy that it is gone is to create doubt about where it really is for security purposes. Internet threads won't change the actual truth nor will they reveal it

16. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Like this?

CAM00617.jpg

17. Ordinary Fool

Oh hades no. Four stroke Indian and it is the world's fastest, just ask me.

18. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

19. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

This has turned into a conspiracy theory thread, as opposed to one about coins, so should it be moved to the General Discussions area?

20. Ordinary Fool

I purchased my 11 second club Indian with coins. At the time of its purchase, it was a mere 42 second Indian. Many more coins were spent getting it into the 9's.

21. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

It's totally irrelevant how much gold is in Ft Knox. If the claimed amount is there then it is still worth less than $400B. That won't even pay the interest in the national debt.

Draft saved Draft deleted