Foreign Bullion coins coming out very soon

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, Aug 11, 2012.

1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Provided that one assumes that collectors are located in the US only. ;) Sure, in the "foreign" world people do not tend to pay astronomical amounts on coins, but when it comes to bullion pieces, that should not make a big difference.

Christian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Strictly speaking, Germany does not issue any silver bullion pieces. All collector coins from DE have limited mintages, and carry a surcharge. The only bullion coin in silver, when it comes to the euro area, is from Austria ...

Christian

4. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

The 2013 Chinese Pandas will have 3 pandas next year, which I see as a 50% improvement lol...

I'm more of a type collector period, of both US and world coins, and bullion coins usually don't interest me much (I prefer coins that were actually meant to circulate, as others just feel too "artificial" for my taste) but have still picked up a few as the impulse moved me, when I see one I just like for some reason. Chinese pandas with their annually changing design are one of the more interesting ones to collect by series if you're so inclined; I won't get every one but this is one of the few where I'd very likely decide to get more than one. Canada's doing all kinds of weird things with their coins these days... don't care for all of it, a lot of it doesn't feel like coins anymore, especially colorized stuff... but have picked up a few on impulse, like the timberwolf silver coin back in 2006. So I don't rule anything out lol... if I see something I like I get it, but am not seeking out bullion coins specifically.

My "disposable" income is such that I can't really afford to get much more than one, maybe two, gold coins a year, so to the degree that I add bullion coins to my collection, they're almost always silver.

5. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

People often forget about issues' by Monnaie De Paris.

Anyway problem is lot of more recent mint issues by PM, RCM and even more recent Chinese Mint issues' are terrible at retaining value. Mainly due to speculators grabbing them up hoping it will turn out to be next red back spider.

6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Probably because the French mint issues so many different collector coins every year that it's hard to keep track. ;) Most of their PM issues are not exactly bullion coins either, but at least they have some that can be had at face ...

Christian

7. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

I do consider their 100,250 Euro Le Semeuse issues' a bullion .

But yea tell me about it they do have insane # of different issues', especially after their switch to Euro.

But that said some of the recent issues' do fetch high premium and have large following overseas.

Draft saved Draft deleted