First Copper bullion... now Zinc bullion?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by swagge1, Aug 7, 2011.

1. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

I got an email last week from a popular bullion dealer who is now carrying ZINC bullion coins. Whats next? Iron, Aluminum, Lead, etc...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

I got that email as well. I laughed when I read that. I can definitely say I will not be investing in zinc. lol

4. Noobismatist

Noobismatist Junior Member

Id like to read this email

5. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

I no longer have the email, but it is Provident Metals who are selling the rounds.

6. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

Geez, $1.49 for an imitation morgan zinc round!
    "
    The 1st Test Run of Zinc BULLION IS HERE!
    Each of these Morgan Dollar design Coins contains 1 Avoirdupois Ounce of .995 Fine Zinc and will arrive in Brilliant Uncirculated condition!
    Orders of 20 or more arrive in a tube.
    "
    Yummy

7. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

Copper's the next silver. Zinc's the next copper?

8. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

I know where you can get _billions_ of small copper-plated pure zinc rounds right now for only 1 cent each!
    Act now before they're gone!

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Saw these type of ads many times and what a difference in pricing. In Numismatic News one dealer was offering copper rounds, one ounce for 10 for $32.00, another at $9.95 each! A fool and his money... Good one mecha1166! lol. sodude, with the hyper inflation ravaging the economies, maybe this isn't so far fetched?

10. bigjpst

bigjpst Well-Known Member

I think the sellers are trying to cater a bit to the shtf crowd where any metal coin/bullion is better than the fiat we are currently using. BTW nickel rounds are coming soon. They also sell These And I would not be surprised if they soon started sellingThese.
    That being said, lots of people collect gaming tokens, bottle caps, matchbooks and other stuff that we think has little or no value.

11. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

Some people collect things we _know_ has little or no value.

12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

bigjpst- Went to the link you posted. Intresting! What does ADVP stand for? The prices are okay if you wanted to start a new inexpensive collection. And they sell food storage bags also? That's different.

13. bigjpst

Intristic value yes.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be buying any zinc bullion any time soon. But there seems to be a market for them, the copper rounds, and probably the coming soon nickel rounds as well.

14. bigjpst

15. Drago the Wolf

Drago the Wolf Junior Member

How about some mercury bullion incased in a hollowed out glass shaped round. Just don't break it open due to the toxic properties of the mercury. :devil: Maybe make the glass round so thick that it would be damn near impossible to break the mercury out unless you hit it with a sledge hammer or something else extreme. :D

16. swagge1

swagge1 Junior Member

I guess you could invest in 100 watt lightbulbs too because those are being phased out as well.

17. Drago the Wolf

So does this mean its worth hoarding ALL of our pennies? Both copper and zinc? I might start getting $100 a month in pennies just to put away, in case we go to steel. (I wonder how long until we get "iron" bullion. :rolleyes: )

18. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

For $1.49 you would think they would give us a Troy ounce. :(

When you think of it, $1.49 is probably a pretty fair price. :thumb:

They have to melt down twelve (12) pennies to get that much zinc. Then they have to send them all to China to be pressed into knock-off Morgan dollars (S&H ain't cheap!). They probably have to sell 1000 of these things before they turn a profit. Where are they gonna find 1000 fools to pay $1.49 for 12¢ worth of zinc?

Let's say they're successful and people are beating a path to their door to buy these things...why wouldn't the Chinese just cut out the middleman and sell direct? :rolleyes:

I'll bet the Chinese will give us a Troy ounce! They're all about customer service.

19. Drago the Wolf

So, in other words, its not worth hoarding zinc cents yet? I know they cost more than a cent to make a cent, but are they still not worth hoarding...yet?

20. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I already hoard them because they're too much trouble to spend. :D

21. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Zinc cents are worth about half a cent: http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1982-2007-Lincoln-Cent-Penny-Value.html#meltvalue
    T
    hey cost more than a cent to make, but that's because of overhead, wages, and such.

And copper and zinc rounds are AV ounces because that's what base metals are measured in. It's only PMs that are measured in troy ounces.

Draft saved Draft deleted