Fiji Super Heros Light Up

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tommyc03, Nov 21, 2017.

1. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

When you press one side of the coin it lights up. What will they think of next? Superheroes.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Sorry. If a coin has moving parts (glowers at WTC "commemoratives") or batteries, it's not a coin any more, it's a tchotchke.

Besides, I haven't seen how NGC or PCGS are going to produce slabs that still let you press the buttons -- or is that a feature, allowing them to certify the battery level in addition to surface condition?

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Agree with jeffb. These are not coins.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's still a coin just obviously not one intended to circulate

They won't just like ones with spinning parts can lose that ability in the slab.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Unless, of course, it appears that there are people willing to pay extra for it. In that case, they simply won't guarantee that the parts will continue to spin after slabbing.

"Full Spinning Blades"?

8. Swan

Swan A millon dollars short of being a millionaire

If it had tritium...... now they're on to something.

9. baseball21

Thay've slabbed ones like that already I'm pretty sure. The 2010 Cook Islands Space Shuttle coin from Perth something like the earth part in the middle spun if I remember it correctly mimicking the shuttle orbiting the earth.

10. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

12. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I think it would have been better with SuperLuminova or Lumibrite (basically the best glow in the dark paint available that are used on watches), or even tritium tubes as someone else mentioned. But even then, it would be gimmicky IMHO, and the strength of the light degrades over time. The really nice lume paints will glow like a torch!

Pic from the 'net.

[​IMG]

13. baseball21

Like the Canadian glow in the dark toonie they did this year

14. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Once slabbed and the battery starts to leak, I wonder if the TPG will do restoration for free. JK of course.

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Or the Austrian series of glow-in-the-dark €3 coins featuring animals. Here is the Eisvogel (kingfisher) piece for example: https://www.muenzeoesterreich.at/Produkte/der-eisvogel

While I am not really interested in such issues, they are of course coins. Just like those Fiji Super Heroes issues discussed here: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/fiji-marvel-superhero-light-up-coins.305624/

;) Christian

16. baseball21

That’s kind of an interesting series. Might have to keep an eye on those

Draft saved Draft deleted