Fidelitrade Offering ATB 5 oz'ers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SemperFiSilver, Jan 5, 2011.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

You needed to be on the APMEX list a long long time ago to hear from them, yet they supposedly still have the greater portion of their allotment unsold, though a very long wait list. No word on when/if they will sell their remaining sets/coins.

There have been some extended buying opportunities from A-Mark and FideliTrade. Not sure where they stand on inventory as they have been quiet the last few days. You can try to call Dillon Gage, they have been contacting people on their wait list with offers to buy. Never know, you might get through on the phone call but be prepared to hit a wall there too.

Also, Coins N Things of Bridgewater, MA is yet to sell their coins. Phone is probably the best way to contact them. Again be prepared for a cold reception. Most APs have been overwhelmed by inquiries and offers and have not been easy for the public to deal with when looking to buy these coins.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

APMEX is the only AP that is set up to retail and they won't; the wholesaler APs that agreed to retail act like they're being forced to sell these coins at a profit. It must be an American thing, the two foreign APs "Just Said No."

4. vickievail

vickievail New Member

Thanks to everyone on your posts on the condition of the FideliTrade coins. I'm really thinking about calling them up first thing Monday morning and saying Thanks but no Thanks. I maied my from and payment in on 1/24, they've not cashed my check yet so maybe that's a good sign, and besides that will allow someone to get a set! I'd rather not have the set if they are going to be all banged up, save my $$ for the Mint's sale. Speaking of the Mint, any update on the Mint??? I signed up for Mint's twitter page, the question of the days last week was "What is your favorite coin produced by the US Mint?" I posted it would be the 5 oz ATB numismatic coin when it get's released. (hint, hint) ​

5. Texas John

Texas John Collector of oddments

Am I the only one who thinks these things are garish and tacky? They look like "bling" a gangster who couldn't afford gold would have swinging from his neck.

6. ML94539

ML94539 Senior Member

I think as more of them goes on sell, the price will drip.

7. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

I'm having mine gold plated.

8. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

The idea of a quarter denomination with five ounces of silver is pretty absurd, when you think about it ... What's next, gold pennies?

9. krispy

krispy krispy

Only marble tile and golden taps will do for some. :smile

10. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

I too ordered mine with fedex overnight delivery, on 1/24. When I read that many had edge dings due to the packing used, I cancelled my order last Thursday.

11. vickievail

vickievail New Member

Well All, I sent an e-mail on Sunday to cancel my order with FideliTrade, and followed-up with a telephone call this morning, they acknowledged receipt of my e-mail and cancelled my order, however, FT said so far they have only received 1 complaint in reference to the condition of the coins, They said that they wrap each coin, then wrap them again in bubble wrap, then put them in a bubblepacked fedex envelope. The assured me that their packaging is very secure. Oh well, since I cancelled my order, that will give someone else an opportunity to obtain a set. My order from MTB is scheduled to be mailed on 2/24, YEA!!!!

12. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

The first Fidelis shipped last week (batches 1-3), So their pucks haven't really hit in big numbers yet.

I think there is a possibility of SNAD claims against the Fidelitrade ebay sellers, when the buyers see the reported dinged edges.

13. krispy

krispy krispy

If this begins happening then eBay must intervene as it's a misuse of SNAD claims for said reasons, since, as have many said, these are only bullion coins. Such dings and marks are part and parcel of bullion. Unless literally misrepresented in the terms by the seller, I see no way that a buyer can win their claim especially if a listing were in the bullion categories-- lest a Seller wrote terms in certain misleading claims. The same is true of any such claims to be made against the PCGS slabbed sets sold by A-Mark. Careful listing my the Sellers should be taken into consideration. List them as bullion and do not make claims about surfaces that lean to the collector's considerations when reviewing a coin and purchasing a coin as a collectible.

While eBay and PayPal are disproportionately on the side of the Buyer letting Buyers get away with murder at the Sellers expense, this will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

14. fatima

fatima Junior Member

After having seen some of these at a coin show, I will say that I agree with you. I was disappointed at how unattractive these things are as compared to the, I guess photoshopped, official images. I have no desire to own a set after seeing them.

15. krispy

krispy krispy

For all those passing judgement based on the bullion version AtB coins, remember that we are yet to see how the 'finish' on the numismatic versions from the Mint, with "P" mint mark, look in hand or (un-retouched) photographically.

16. stroligep

stroligep Member

Well, I got my "bling" from Fidelitrade just now. I don't see the dings other people have reported. The coins look like they are in good shape. I have to admit the way these things were sent out surprised me, I thought someone sent me a license plate!

But the coins look just as good as the ones I got from A-Mark.

17. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

stroligep you double dipped!!!
    What a system breaker ;)

18. stroligep

stroligep Member

hee, hee. Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was ethical of me. But yesterday I read on CoinUpdate that it's permissible for a buyer to buy multiple sets from different APs, but it's not allowed for any individual AP to sell multiple sets to a buyer. So, now I feel redeemed.:p

19. Park Qtrs

Park Qtrs America the Beautiful

I read that too ! Check this out a guy told me today his local coin dealer is selling three sets max to each customer for $1150 each and another coin dealer 45 minutes away from his house is buying sets for $1450 each he made a $900 profit today

20. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I recently received a set from A-Mark. The total cost was $975.00. Modern Coin Mart is about 20 miles away and is buying raw sets for $1,500.00. NGC is right across the street from them. Haven't decided what to do yet. I like them well enough, but don't really love them. Will have to decide whether to hold them raw, sell them or hold them and have them graded. I called NGC and the cost to grade a set is $200.00. I agree with Krispy that it will be interesting to see how the next version looks.

21. fatima

fatima Junior Member

According to Coin Update, some of the primary dealers haven't even started accepting orders yet. This means you will be able to get them at the mint price for sometime.

Draft saved Draft deleted