Fidelitrade Offering ATB 5 oz'ers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SemperFiSilver, Jan 5, 2011.

1. SemperFiSilver

SemperFiSilver **1 Note Collector

See attached.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Very cool thanks for the info!

4. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Wow, right down the street.

5. davidlandon

davidlandon Junior Member

Where'd you find this form? I scanned the fidelitrade website and found nothing.
    Also, when did they start taking orders on these?

6. SemperFiSilver

About 24 hours ago....

7. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

Is it possible to become a member online, or does the member ship form have to be mailed?

8. JJK78

JJK78 Member

I scanned over the terms of the account and didn't see anything out of the oridnary but then again I don't do this all the time. Anything in there to be concerned about?

According to the PDF form it has to be mailed in. Perhaps there is an online way if you already have an account? Not sure.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

This bothers me.....

"4. Tax Certification
    Under penalty of perjury, I certify (1) the Taxpayer Identification Number provided on this form for the Internal Revenue Service
    (IRS) is my (or the payee’s) correct number, and (2) that I am a U.S. person or U.S. resident alien, AND (3) that I am (the payee
    is) not subject to back-up withholding due to a failure to report interest or dividend income or the IRS has notified me that I am
    (the payee is) no longer subject to back-up withholding; OR that I am (the payee is) subject to back-up withholding; OR
    that terms 1-3 do not apply because I am not a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien."

How come? Seem to be treating this as an investment thingy. More information than I want to hand out.

10. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

That is interesting Green.

11. Elapid

Elapid Member

What's the sense in having bullion if everybody has to "know" who you are and how much you have? If you ask me this kinda defeats the whole purpose of having hard assets in your hand.

12. prolawn_care

prolawn_care New Member

Personally i would rather enter a coin shop pay spot maybe a slight bit more and walk out with something to show for my money! JMO...

13. howboutatrade

howboutatrade Active Member

Is FedeliTrade one of the mints authorized purchasers for this program?

14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I suspect an applicant would get a lot of cold calls and literature from this company. I read their home page and wasn't really impressed, but it could be where some banks have contracted to provide PM services to their accounts.

15. The language of the Terms & Conditions seems pretty typical to me but I am not an expert in contractual law. There is nothing that I can see about canceling your account or having a dormant account. You will likely be pressured to buy bullion on their allocation plan. In addition to the tax implications noted on their application, you do have to provide your social security (tax ID) number as well. When was the last time you had provide this information to simply buy bullion? TC

16. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

Yes they are.

17. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

You might be correct. I looked at them a few years ago but couldn't get comfortable enough to open an account.

The tax disclosure is normal for companies registered to offer investment products.

18. davidlandon

davidlandon Junior Member

Overnighted a check to them this morning....we'll see if I get a set.

19. SemperFiSilver

I overnighted one the night before - seem USPS Express is pretty darn quick! Used the post offfice at Tampa International - got in the door shortly before closing time - I hope I score a set!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      249.4 KB
      Views:
  20. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

Got mine in this morning. I hope there's still a set left! Thanks for the heads up- I still haven't gotten the form I was allegedly in the queue to receive from Fidelitrade!

Draft saved Draft deleted