Falling Silver prices

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rugerr1, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

The world's about to end. The seas are about to boil and sky's are turning red... time to bug out to the spider hole :borg:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

But seriously, thank god the tip toeing is over. Should have been done earlier say about a year ago but at least it's here however minor. Oooh a quarter point how scarry :zombie:

Anybody put money in bank stock this morning.

Oh Janets speaking now :brb:

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

You can't. Former Michigan bullion hawker and prolific fear-mongering numismatic writer Patrick Heller is already down there.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

No, not this morning. Right AFTER the 2008 collapse. Rode that horse back up.

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Lucky you. Did you get in on ford before the bailout too or Netflix right after they announced the fee split

7. V. Kurt Bellman

Ford? Yes. Netflix? No. As a person from "bandwidth Hades", I have never been able to use Netflix, or ANY streaming service, and I never invest in things I haven't had the time to understand well. I still have a classic T-Bird and a '62 Continental in the garage.

The ONLY reason I even HAVE Internet at all (no wire) is because the Pennsylvania Turnpike passes 100 yards away from me, and one provider has 3G towers on it. Only one reaches my home, so no "Location Services" work. I can't be "signal triangulated".

My next door neighbor is Old Order Amish and doesn't even have electricity. HIS vehicle is a "one horsepower" model. :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Mikey Zee likes this.
  8. V. Kurt Bellman

No, this is Frame #3 of a series of still photos after a reporter yelled at Yellen (pun fully intended), "How many basis points?"
    In the first two frames, both paws were up. Reporters commented how glad they were that Jason Pierre Paul was not Fed Chairman.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

9. miaowepee

miaowepee New Member

US economy is supposed to be performing well...at least with Fed's recent decision on interest rates. But, analysts are still bearish on US economy.
    US Economic Forecast 2016

10. V. Kurt Bellman

Anyone who claims the U.S. economy is performing "well" is overstating the case, unless he is such a 1%er he just doesn't see it. "Better" is accurate. "Well" is not. It's like the definition of a recession. An economy can be in the pits, but as long as it's no longer getting worse, the recession's over. Everyone can be worth half as much as 5 years ago, but as long as they are better than last quarter, no recession.

Mikey Zee, Tater and Cascade like this.
  11. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

12. V. Kurt Bellman

OMG! I just realized why your economics mind is so warped! You read that rag, the Daily Reckoning!?!?! Read that garbage and it's amazing you have enough brain synapses still firing to be able to walk upright. Do yourself and us all a favor - turn away from The Dark Side, Luke. Return for more Jedi training! You're not ready yet!

13. longnine009

What a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You gave me a like yesterday. I was up all night going into the bathroom, scissors in hands, in case I was mutating an exhaust blowing mustache.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  14. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Agreed, It is very difficult to make good decisions with bad information.

15. V. Kurt Bellman

Actually, the 'stache passed into oblivion about a year ago. Got a little too gray.

16. longnine009

That's rather slack Mike. It appears your inferring the link leads to bad information. Care to detail your interpretation, with discussion points, as to why it's bad information?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  17. V. Kurt Bellman

Ooh, ooh, let me!

Daily Reckoning is the "house organ" of Agora Financial, the very same Agora Financial about which this is true:

"The Securities and Exchange Commission sued Agora Inc. and a separate subsidiary, Pirate Investor, in 2003. The SEC accused the two of engaging in a scheme 'to defraud public investors by disseminating false (Ed: not "bad", Is "false" any better?) information' and making more than $1 million from related newsletter sales."

QED!

18. V. Kurt Bellman

This further, from The Baltimore Sun in 2003:

"It's a hard sell designed to grab attention in a market crowded with big-name market gurus and forecasters, and it works. Agora's success has paid for founder and President William Bonner's (Longnine's hero) chateau in France, and placed him and a few partners among the top five newsletter publishers in the United States.

I would say what makes [Bonner] tick is creating and publishing ideas," said Myles Norin, chief executive of Agora's U.S. operations, which account for 60 percent to 70 percent of its sales. "It's not just chasing profits."

But the Securities and Exchange Commission says the company's aggressive tactics have pushed the legal envelope. In a complaint filed last week in U.S. District Court in Baltimore, the federal agency claims that Agora defrauded its readers last year by charging $1,000 for false insider information about USEC Inc., a Maryland company that supplies nuclear power plants with enriched uranium.

USEC said it never gave Agora editor Frank Porter Stansberry inside information and is cooperating with the SEC.

The allegation is part of a pattern of behavior at Agora that the SEC says goes too far. It is asking the court to order the company to stop making false statements in its newsletters and return profits of more than $1 million, among other things.

"We feel there is a need for the court to issue an injunction because we believe there is a likelihood they will do this again," said Ken Israel, an SEC attorney familiar with the case."
    [​IMG]

19. V. Kurt Bellman

If we could ever get REAL truth in advertising laws, Daily Reckoning's tagline would have to be:

Daily Reckoning: Financial News for Knuckledraggers

20. longnine009

1. Were they convicted?
    2. How does SEC charges in 2003 make the link bad information?

21. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

My bad. I made the assumption that is was known fact to all except the most financally challenged that the DR was total drivel and needed no further explanation.

I believe Kurts post #116 covers it though. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted