Falling Silver prices

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rugerr1, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Sean5150

Sean5150 Well-Known Member

You had it right the first time. You know something is revolutionary when the lobbyists are actively trying to quash it. Arizona tried to pass legislation to charge solar users $50 a month to connect to the grid. Big money is scared.

The solar industry is about to take off. In fact, it already has.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sean5150

Sorry, it's all in a friendly spirit of debate. For me, it's like a train wreck. It's awful but I can't stop looking.

4. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Oh, VERY few days. I think it was about 3-4. More pleasant surprises than the other way. My "meh, throw it in" coin ended up way more in value than my Declared Value. Most of my shipment were 1937-1942 proofs. All between 64 and 65+. I was happy.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Looked up bloviating so I have met my goal for today of learning a new word. There's no telling what you'll learn when you check into a silver thread on Coin Talk.:woot:

Tater, Mr Roots, imrich and 1 other person like this.
  7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Bill O'rilley would be proud :)

Santinidollar likes this.
  8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I was looking at a property in an area that was undergoing gentrification and when I told a buddy about it he had to look up what it meant. Thought I was making up words or something

9. V. Kurt Bellman

It means old English gentlemen in top hats are moving in, right? :wacky::D

Cascade likes this.
  10. V. Kurt Bellman

Just passed the lobbyist in the hall on my way back from the cafeteria who is doing the very same thing here, and trust me, regarding ambient solar angles, we're no Arizona.

11. Sean5150

More like hipsters with long boards

12. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Sounds like a description of miners. :p

13. V. Kurt Bellman

Miners, diners, and the 49ers.

14. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

Seems like this thread has lost focus;hopefully rugerr1 has some good information to think over.

rugerr1 likes this.
  15. V. Kurt Bellman

The best advice I can offer anyone regarding opinions is to regularly test your own, to see if the predicates that led you to it still obtain. If you aren't regularly challenging your own beliefs, you're being lazy. The hardest thing in any investment plan is reversing course at any point, but you have to know you'll have to some time. Nothing does the same thing forever. The last time metals bottomed, seemingly "no one" thought they were any good. We aren't there yet, and I still think we need to get there before we're at the bottom.

16. tigerthecat

tigerthecat New Member

I agree with sean5150. What is a normal American economy anyway? It sure does not seem that's it's normal in any way, shape, or form at the moment! I personally don't believe that silver prices will drop below $10 per ounce. I don't think that the price will dip below $13. But that's just my opinion and I have my reasons.

17. V. Kurt Bellman

I'm sure you do. So does everybody. Yup, I heard the exact same thing at $35 on the way down, and $30, and $25, and $20, and $15. We were never going to see prices below any of those any more in our lifetimes. Same thing was told to me by professionals (in selling) about gold and $1750 and $1500. Guess we all died, huh?

18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

You seem to be forgetting that we're now below the cost of production kurt. The market cannot sustain the downtrend you have been tracking at below production. The dam will burst as only so many bandaids can hold back the metalic water before it blows. It's just a matter of time and we're getting down to the last box of bandaids

19. V. Kurt Bellman

Yes, I keep hearing people arguing "you can't stay below the all-in cost of production". Yes you can. Low cost producers survive and high cost don't. See Saudi Arabia vs. Shale Oil. The fact is that all that needs to happen is for stacking to stop taking its current demand share and we can do without lots and lots of current producers. And what happens when paleos even older than I am start assuming ambient temperature? Oversupply of the type I keep seeing locally month after month after month. My area is swimming with stacker types dying like flies and the auctions are thick with the stuff that can be bought below melt regularly.

Santinidollar likes this.
  20. Sean5150

So much misinformation. Please send the link to the auctions where I can buy "the stuff" under melt.

Gilbert and imrich like this.
  21. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

+1, and I'll second on Sean5150 believed apropos exclamation.

Draft saved Draft deleted