Falling Silver prices

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rugerr1, Dec 14, 2015.

1. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

You guys do know that the BLS put out a monthly report about the current inflation rate in the U.S. right? To save you the hassle here's a snapshot of the past couple of years.
    image.jpg

4. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Thank you.... :) The key to contrarian investing is being early to the party before everyone realizes it's a party. Once everyone crashes it, it's time to go find another party.

Santinidollar likes this.
  5. HOWARD GOTKIN

HOWARD GOTKIN Member

Before silver dropped I sold over 400 Mercury Dimes and 100 Silver Quarters from 1917 to 1964. I made a killing on the market! If you still have hoards of silver I would suggest you hold on to them as the market does go up and down.

6. longnine009

Money and markets are a confidence game. What the truth is about anything is not as important as what the aggregate of the market believes. Keep that in mind when after reading Reuters (and other authority figures real or in their dreams ) your left with the impression that they just finished with a Vulcan mind meld on 100 million investors to determine why a market acted as it did. They don't know.

Whatever the truth is about inflation there is an incentive to understate it to make the currency look better, to rip off pensions and unions when it comes to COLA increases, to make GDP look better and to keep subsidizing the cronyist carry trade with ZIRP, claiming fears of future deflation.

Whether any that is true or not matters, IMO, very little. People right now have a lot of faith in government so they are inclined to believe what the BLS says.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Vess1 likes this.
  7. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Agreed, once everyone is at the party and all think it is safe there is very little money left because everyone is already in. Almost no place to go but down in those cases

8. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

Anyone want to set a new bottom to this..[​IMG]

9. STU

STU Active Member

I never go with the price of silver as it wont make you rich I have been over 40 years in collecting I buy coins as a passion collector
    and try to get coins that I think will get my grandkids something
    more than I paid low mintages and depends on what the coin represents historically gold would be a better investment as everybody has seen what the market has been for gold lets face it if you sell silver of any sort the person buying is going to pay low with the speculation of making a dollar even if it is a good coin you only will get most of the time the price of silver unless it is a good dealer of coins and he or she knows what the real value is
    you might make something a coin or silver is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Zig when everyone else is zagging. If your thesis is on solid ground, that is the way to maximize your return. It holds for all types of investing. But be confident you are on solid ground.

11. Brett_in_Sacto

It's California, of course it's solid ground. What's the worst that could happen?

[​IMG]

saltysam-1 and mikem2000 like this.
  12. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Are you saying that IS what is happening or there is just an incentive? I see no evidence that this is occurring. BTW, if I was trying to help the cronyist's with ZIRP, I think it would be smarter to make the GDP look worse, not better.

13. Brett_in_Sacto

Queue V. Kurt Bellman to the stage!

14. longnine009

No, no you need "robust" GDP for head fake #2.

Head fake #1 Ah, inflation is too low we're all going to die from deflation.
    Throw more savers on the sword.

Head fake #2 Hey...hows about that full employment? Eh? Try to guess why that's important Mike. I can't really say it without being political.

And don't worry. Any contridictions will only be apparent to those not engrossed in the butterflies and soap bubbles show.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    mikem2000 likes this.
  15. longnine009

Have a Jimi Christmas Oh Ye Stackers

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted