Fake Gold Bars-Link

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by tommyc03, Aug 28, 2019.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I really should buy me a XRF gun next instead of a kilo of gold....Just kidding.....well sort of, I like those guns and could make more % money doing tests than probably I could from future gains on a kilo. Jim

-jeffB and tommyc03 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

But Jim, everyone on this board are a bunch of ignorant, poor rednecks, gosh. We all dropped out in the ninth grade and make minimum wage, well all except for one here.....

My curiosity concerning the article is tracibility. I thought all of these purchases from the banks were well documented. If so, they know who is selling them. Why not all go after them that way? I am sure the brands are anxious to know who is selling the banks these bars...

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Well I know rednecks who drive $80,000 pickups , so all aren't poor :) But I suspect any gold sold by a bank ( likely Foreign) because I am not sure if US banks still hold gold for their use, were ID by at least a serial number of the seller. Where they got the gold would be hard to trace. The commodity exchanges do not usually keep trace of their origins. I remember reading in the past that the various metal exchanges do not usually as they themselves have varied customers in the network. When certain coffee beans were not allowed in the US, a sample could be genetically tested to determine origin. Not possible with purified gold . Besides I would not put it past some exchanges to re-brand the bars, as its so pure, one could just melt it and pour into their own molds and no one could ever determine otherwise....maybe I am too skeptical . Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted