Ever thought about selling bullion on ebay?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rockford, Sep 30, 2012.

1. TroyW

TroyW New Member

Don't feel stupid, I needed cash the other month and sold silver at a price I would not have if the quick need for cash was not there

I have been following and buying/selling silver for 40 years and have been tempted to sell on ebay until I ran the numbers.

then I still wasn't quite convinced so I sat down and really thought about it.

How hard would it be for a scammer to swap out your real bullion for china fakes and then claim your are fake?

quite easily, I researched all the types of fake bullion coming out of china and they are hitting everything from past to present.

No way in hell would I sell bullion on ebay unless I can strictly control who can bid. Meaning strictly limit every aspect to the bidding process. must be an active ebay user for (X) number of months/years with (X) number of successful similar transactions each month for (X) number of months, etcetera .

Yes I would loose out on a lot of potentials but would still be plenty of people who could qualify to bid on it. And I know everyone starts at zero but just as I started out slow and with small purchases, I gradually increased purchase amounts and numbers of purchases to a point where I am comfortable spending as much as 400-$600 to buy from sellers who have sustained degree of credibility. I also screen sellers before buying to the best of my ability using several internet search engines. I always contact them with a question and critique their response. Any negativity automatically eliminates me from buying.

So I believe not selling or allowing a new or nearly new member the opportunity to bid on a couple hundred dollar item of mine is justifiable.

Their are way too many scammers out their hoping to strike it rich and what a way to do it. I am sure it is already happening and there would be absolutely no recourse for me.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

[​IMG]

Oops post is from 2012...."better" times

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted