Ethereum

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Wanted to start a thread on this. We have a BitCoin so why not Ethereum? I don't know much about it but thought some of you would like to chat about it and share thoughts. It's dipping and I think I might get in.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

huge swings in the market, looks like a very risky move, and prices are still up there
    even though they have come down another minus would be liquidity you just cant
    go down to your local jewelry store and cash out, plus many dont even know what
    it is to top it off !!

4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Personally, I think the only ones who should trust it are the same ones who have the ability to manipulate it.

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Very volatile based on a variety of factors.
    It's one of those "Buy Low" and "Sell High" type scenarios.

Of course, the "coin" has no revenue to follow, no profitability, no real identified market or company behind it, and what is High and Low ? Hopefully Higher than when you bought in ...

It reminds me a bit of the Internet Stock Bubble pre 2000.
    I recall showing people buying in/out of one stock share of eBay how I was making profit riding that one share up, selling then rebuying and watching it go up continuously for a long period of time. This is profitable after the Buy/sell trade cost plus Capital Gains tax. It was weird. There was no real sense to it. It was simply a buying frenzy based on a concept that was not yet proven by anything other than the companies spent a lot of cash to keep operations going that weren't profitable.

eBay was one "good" stock to show that as they are here today.
    eToys.com on the other hand was not. I did buy a bunch of their metal die-cast toys for my kids on liquidation prices though near the end. :)

6. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

So we're looking at the dot.com garbage again. I missed out on bitcoin was hoping Etherem could be the next thing. Is it even used in commerce like bitcoin is?

7. Clawcoins

8. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Interesting article. My take away was BitCoin is more of a digital currency where Ethereum has many other applications. I'll track it for awhile before I get my hands dirty.

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Good choice :)

10. Clawcoins

Several weeks ago I was watching Bloomberg tv. One day the CEO or someone of Coinbase was on, and another day an analyst for crypto was on. She talked about everything BUT payment methods. Was quite confusing.

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Yeah, payment methods are important! How liquid is this stuff?

12. Clawcoins

Very liquid. Buy and sell just like stocks, assuming the trading platform is working at the time you want to buy/sell ...

13. Clawcoins

Draft saved Draft deleted