Engelhard gold assay certificate bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by ttmautographs, Jan 7, 2009.

1. ttmautographs

ttmautographs New Member

hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and so far it looks great and quite helpful. I have a large, old coin collection with lots of silver, copper, and gold. I have a engelhard gold assay certificate bullion that is 1/4 oz. Gold and is 99.99% pure gold. This round is in a small plastic case and has some information on the front and back. Here are some details as to what it says:

Engelhard gold assay certificate (1/4 oz. Pure gold)

i have seen a few of these assay ceritifcates that are similar to mine show up on ebay.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much this "round" might be worth???

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Welcome to CT.

I am not familiar with your round but I suspect it is only worth its gold content (a bit over $200).

4. ttmautographs

ttmautographs New Member

Thanks, i brought it to be appraised last year and he said it's probably worth about $250.

5. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

That was based on the value of gold so look at what gold was worth when you had it appraised and what it's worth today, since gold has dropped a nice bit lately and the gold value is only $210.75 as of today ($843 per ounce).

Ribbit :)

6. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

I have not looked for any past auctions for these but based on similar items, I would say that it would bring more than the value of it's Gold content! Certain Bullion bars (Gold, Silver, Platinum, etc.) fetch premiums somewhat higher than the value of the precious metal they contain. Many old Bread Loaf type bars fetch significant premiums over newer type Bullion bars as well as other certain Engelhard bars and low production type bars, fetch higher premiums than some other similar type bars.

Frank

7. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

8. ttmautographs

ttmautographs New Member

i don't have a bar, i have a round.

9. huntsman53

huntsman53 Supporter**

I am sorry but I missed that point! In that case, I would imagine that the round is valued a little more than the value of it's Gold content but not as valuable as a bar!

Frank

Draft saved Draft deleted