E-Bay shipping standards and delivery times

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jun 24, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I don,t know about you, but for me at least i am more inclined to purchase from
    a seller that has quick shipping, for example if you buy on a Monday morning
    you should be able to receive that package from anywhere in the United States
    By Friday and that,s standard first class, 2-day priority by Thursday, my pet peav
    Handling times !! if your going to take up to 4-days to get my shipment out to
    me you can bet that i am not going to buy from you and may be willing to pay more
    for someone that has a more reasonable delivery date, jus my two cents!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Expect a normal first class mail purchase on Monday to always be to you by Friday is rather unrealistic. Also priority mail isn't always 2 days, many routes have been changed to 3 day time for priority.

4. mpcusa

well i guess if that route it is taking is blocked by snow maybe, but for the most
    Part it is true, i have bought several coins from from a company in North Carolina
    and the formula i mentioned comes true every time but they do ship there products
    same day and thats why i keep coming back :)

5. baseball21

Has nothing to do with weather delays, many priority routes turned into 3 days and even some express routes are 2 days.

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

What difference does it make? It is nice to get stuff quickly but if it take 10 days is it any less valuable when you get it in hand? Saving a few dollars every time will allow you to pick up more in the long run.

Seattlite86 and baseball21 like this.
  7. mpcusa

Its a microwave world, and i always avoid dealers with long handling times
    Just because they may be waiting for the item to be shipped to them !!
    and using my money to pay for it, i dont play that game ...LOL

slackaction1 likes this.
  8. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Is it really worth losing a coin you want just so you can cut your nose off?

baseball21 likes this.
  9. mpcusa

Well if you want to pay for someone else,s profit feel free but when i buy something
    I expect that purchase to be processed in a reasonable time if they are going to hold
    My money while there shipments in transit, i would rather go whith someone who actually has the coin in stock and ready to ship :)

10. baseball21

You literally said you expect to have your coins in hand within 4 days with first class mail. That is no where close to someone pre-selling if they miss that time frame. Hopefully you are at least making large orders and paying for expedited shipping with those expectations

11. mpcusa

Not talking pre selling orders here, just basically standard product, some dealers
    are deceptive making you think they have the item in hand when they dont the
    Point that i am trying to make.

12. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

It happens. Get over it. As long as you get the coin you want then it is no big deal. I am sure there are a few people here who post pictures coins they don't have. Does that make them any less enjoyable?

13. mpcusa

just frustrating is all, and in some cases your expectations are dashed when
    they say they can no longer offer the coin, that has actually happened to me twice
    where they used my money up front only to disappoint me later :(

14. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

I've had handling times on items of 15 days. Why? I once forgot an autographed item in the Philippines and my friend was bringing it to me by plane. Yes, I could have waited to list the item until I had it in hand, but why bother? I clearly state in the listing that it will be 15 days. What irritates me is when sellers say free FedEx shipping, then send it USPS. This is because FedEx costs more, obviously, but why state free FedEx in the first place?

Beyond that, I'm generally in agreement that waiting a few business days (up to a week) for handling time is understandable. Maybe the person sells on eBay as a part time thing and only goes to the post office once per week. Maybe they live in a rural route, where they can only make it to the town post office on Saturday or Friday.

If you're seriously passing on items that you acknowledge are cheaper simply due to handling times, that's your prerogative. That said, it does reflect on your youth that you'd think that way. As sakata alluded to... "cut off your nose to spite your face."

15. mpcusa

kind of missing the main point, simply stated when coins are not in there
    possession and there using my money to obtain them, and then stating
    ridiculous handling times, that,s what I am trying to get across here.

16. NorthKorea

No, I saw you trying to make that point. I just think it holds no merit.

If someone is selling you 50 oz of silver for $10 an oz (assuming spot is $15 or more), but you know they're going to use your $500 to buy 100 oz of silver, refusing on the principle of them using your money to acquire the good is "cutting off your nose to spite your face." Now, if you said you refused to do so on account of the items being stolen, that'd be different... yet equally unverifiable.

17. mpcusa

So what your saying is you would let someone else use your money without
    having said product in hand ?

18. NorthKorea

Why not? I do it all the time with my business. I pay half down when I place my order and the other half net 40 for one vendor. I know he uses my deposit to pay his deposit on his order to the manufacturer, then uses my final payment to pay off the residual of his order. He's starting out, so cash flow is an issue. As long as I know he has placed the order, I'm comfortable with it.

19. baseball21

You're completely missing the point that just because someone takes a couple days to ship doesn't mean that happened. If you want an item immediately get in the car and drive to the store to get it.

20. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

Read the sells shipping policy and item description, and Ebay's estimated delivery dates. The seller has the option to enter handling times and shipping methods so the Ebay estimates are realistic. If the seller's policy and/or Ebays estimated delivery times are not to your liking, buy somewhere else. Simple as that.

Draft saved Draft deleted