Do you think the price of gold will ever reach down to 1100-1300 USD?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Herberto, Mar 14, 2021.

?

Do you think that the goldprice will ever fall down to around 1100-1300 USD?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    60.3%
  3. I don't know or have no opinion

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

None of which are even remotely comparable to the worlds only super power the USA

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That’s what we call a inflationary note, who
    new a loaf a bread would cost a hundred
    Trillion. i would think for that price I could
    get 2
    ...LOL

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I am all for being prepared in the event of an emergency..... But come on fellows.... Time to turn off the doom and gloom here.

fretboard, Jeffjay and baseball21 like this.
  5. mpcusa

Who knows, the world could in tomorrow
    or not you decide...LOL

6. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

It is exactly this sort of fatalistic talk that keeps the world in such an extreme state of mind. We have survived two world wars, nuclear proliferation and even a worldwide pandemic. If the good Lord sees fit tomorrow to turn the lights off, there’s not anything that any one of us can do to change that.

Look, I did seven years regular Army. Because I excelled in survival training, I received my non-com stripes early. I have the skills to keep my family and myself fed.... But I don’t talk about that around them. I have no desire to instill fear in their lives when they are living in the greatest nation on earth. The fear mongering is doing nobody any good at all.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Most of the things people are "preparing" for they would already be dead. The preparation itself is actually a huge argument against PMs. The dollar isnt going to fail in any of our lifetimes, and if Yellowstone blows up or the Sun blows up or asteroids or aliens show up there's nothing we can do about it anyways

8. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

People tend to let the amygdala dominate rather than using the cerebral. Sometimes I think people just like to live in fear.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  9. mpcusa

The bottom line, maybe, maybe not...LOL

10. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

Without reviewing every post I'm going to say the price of gold could drop but, not likely. However, with the way the US government is printing more paper money the US monetary system is failing. At some point printing money will come and bite people in the ass. If this happens the price of gold will skyrocket. That would mean we will be living like the Germans after WW 1. Unfortunately, the general population is clueless and don't understand basic economics.

manny9655 likes this.
  11. mpcusa

The main problem with gold is that its tied in with the dollar, that can cause major issues in its value, with more people thinking crypto over gold which means demand
    will fall along with the price.

12. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

It's inbred in our brains.....probably a survival instinct from our cavemen days when we had to rely on instinct and ACT FIRST before THINKING.

Thinking = Death....took too long to escape the sabre-toothed tiger. :D

13. mpcusa

IF, is a big word, anybody can speculate on the future, but no one has
    has a crystal ball to be exact...LOL

14. svessien

svessien Senior Member

No, not in the forseeable future at least. The central banks are between a rock and a hard place; if interest rates go up to normal levels to counter inflation (which would be bearish for gold), it would becime far more challenging for the governments to service their debts.

15. mpcusa

But the problem is people are taking there
    money out of gold and putting it in to crypto
    I just did this as well, and if the trend continues it will bring the price of gold
    down.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  16. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

If there is ever a crackdown on digital currencies, billions will flow into gold overnight.

17. svessien

svessien Senior Member

Turkey has 16% inflation, and they just banned trading (or rather «flight») into crypto currency.
    I’m fine with physical gold.

18. mpcusa

Assumptions can be made all over the place, taking a wait and see approach
    thats the best you can do.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  19. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

What you're saying is true, many are getting into crypto, no doubt about it. But gold is up to $1793 today and gold is a lot easier for some stackers to hold without Uncle Sam knowing every move of your personal business. That by itself makes gold solid as a rock to many who hold it so many don't care about crypto. Time will tell! :happy:

20. mpcusa

Crypto is not tied to anything, making it very attractive with virtually no limits
    BTC has limited coins that are able to be mined many experts are talking 100,000
    by the end of the year, that excites me :) Gold is limited in the fact that it follows
    the dollar, as far as flying under the radar Crypto enjoys the same anonymity as
    Gold even more so, I have not been asked for my SS# when I invest but just
    like Gold I will have to supply the same information.

21. Herberto

Herberto Well-Known Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/30/the-indian-government-may-ban-cryptocurrencies-like-bitcoin.html

What do you and the others here think about this ban?

I mean if USA, Canada, Brazil, South Africa, Spain, UK, France, Germany, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, India, China, Japan and South Korea all decided to ban unregulated cyrptocurrencies like Bitcoins, then.... I dont know what.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted