Do you think the price of gold will ever reach down to 1100-1300 USD?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Herberto, Mar 14, 2021.

?

Do you think that the goldprice will ever fall down to around 1100-1300 USD?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    60.3%
  3. I don't know or have no opinion

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

It's not Treasury yields, it's BitCoin.

If Bitcoin was at 30,000 -- still up 6-fold from the March lows -- then gold is at $2,200.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

It’s anyone’s best guess...

philologus_1 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  4. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

It seems people are just looking to invest in everything. People want rapid results and relative instant gratification from investments to make them feel like they did the right thing. Multiple avenues of crypto have now provided that in extreme instances in the past few years and billions of investment is flowing into it. I'm neutral on BTC and the rest and I've never bought any even though I was aware of it back in 2013. No matter what it hit I never believed in it and here it is at 60k now. I'm happy for people but it's uncharted territory. You have people buying these, their associated ETFs, gold, silver, some buying palladium, and still there's somebody left propping the stock markets up to new highs. Its amazing there's this much money available for investment to prop everything up this high at the same time.

Would be very interesting to know where gold and silver would be today if crypto hadn't come around. As time goes on and technologies improve, it's hard for me to imagine that bitcoin and the rest will be able to hold a monopoly on this technology as was mentioned in another thread. More private individuals and governments will be looking to get in on the action and I see it getting seriously diluted as time goes on. Just my non-expert guess.

Silver seems the most undervalued to me. I know so much is mined every year but it also gets consumed. There's huge incentive to manipulate the price to keep costs down since it is used in manufacturing. The spot price gives you what you can buy paper contracts for, not physical in my experience. At face value it seems too cheap to me as time goes on here, and gold has become seemingly very comfortable at these levels.
    There's no disputing that the money printers are going at full speed. The national debt increases by trillions every year now. This has not happened in history. This WILL catch up to us at some point. You can't disagree with what someone else said that it's not that the gold is going up in value, it will just take more dollars to get it, from an inflated supply. It probably isn't going back to 1100 at this point for the same reason it's never going back to 300. As an investment you're not winning like the crypto buyers are, you're just treading water above the non-sense.

5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Ding ding ding ding!

Sure, the supply of OG Bitcoin is strictly limited by design. But then there's Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin (much speculate!), and hundreds if not thousands of lower-tier, special-purpose, or even government- or corporation-backed issues.

How do you think it would affect the market for gold and silver and platinum and palladium if anyone who wants to could invent and produce new precious metals, each with the same properties and utility as the existing ones? "Yeah, palladium's super-expensive now; why not buy Jeffbium instead? It works just as well in catalytic converters, and if you get in early, you can get it for a few dollars an ounce! (You already missed the chance to get it for pennies a pound.) Think of how much your stack will be worth once GM or Fiat starts using it in industrial quantities!"

Vess1 likes this.
  6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Bad analogy. There is bitcoin then there is everyone else. Many of the others have a much bigger supply and even if you said they’re all the exact same when they aren’t being first matters. Only one is being used to pay government employees if they do wise.

It would be more correct to say oh you don’t like the price of palladium well invest in x and we can make it the new palladium. It’s just not going to happen

7. mpcusa

What most people dont understand is the fact that crypto currencies have no ceilings
    and are not tied to any financial boundaries as more people choose crypto over
    gold you will see a decrease in the value of PM,S in general.

8. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Well I’ve been wrong in the past but BTC being at a fresh new peak after massive stimulus was just dumped on a lot of people who didn’t need it, we’ll surely see what it can do the rest of the year.
    So little of it is actually changing hands. I read 80%+ is just sitting there increasing in value while 20% or less of it trades at $60k. Could everybody holding liquidate it for $60k tomorrow? Could 50%? Could 30% get their 60k? I’ll have to read another article to try to understand the myriad of adjectives used to describe why it has infinite value.

9. mpcusa

Well BTC has been around for awhile now, and is here to stay, but a lot of people
    have the wrong idea, they want to get in and then right back out, I have already
    made $7,000 profit on a $1,250 investment, so I am in for the long haul and adding
    more money on the dips to the big 3 BTC, Euthrium and BTC CASH,

usmc 6123 likes this.
  10. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I found it rather cool that gold closed at $1776.50 on Friday.

Stevearino likes this.
  11. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

You wanting gold to drop down some more then Randy?

12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

In fact yes I would. I am not a buyer at these levels.

Stevearino and slackaction1 like this.
  13. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Gottcha you! Randy, Well Mpcusa thinks it will drop further because more people will get into cryptos......... and if it does it will be a buying opportunity for me anyways. HOPE the cryptos make tons and tons of money.. I am on the sideline watching PMS......... have at it boys..

Stevearino and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  14. mpcusa

It makes allot of sense if you think about it, inventories will become saturated
    people that would normally buy in to PM,S or choosing crypto, BTC is currently
    around 60,000 allot of experts are thinking 100,000 by the end of the year
    probably going to be some bruising along the way however which doesn't bother
    me as I am in for the long term, currently like where its heading :)

15. usmc 6123

usmc 6123 Active Member

Buying gold for 15 years clearing 10% over and over selling 30 35 times. Now I play with their money. I just dumped it all in to bit coin and will sell 90% when I clear 10% It's like shooting fish in a barrow. The trick is to sell you must keep selling. Sell. Now it moves the needle.

16. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Many of you are fatalist with regard to PM, rare coins, bitcoins, stocks and bonds, etc. I am not saying you are wrong, just believing that if you have those items to save your butt when the U.S. economy collapses due to the value of the dollar going down the tube. All of your investments won't feed your family if there is no food on the shelves of Wal-Mart, or even toilet paper. (I never understood why toilet paper was the first thing that was emptied when Covid hit.) I am not saying that you should not invest. However, I am saying that if the economy collapses, you won't find any food on the shelf because the cost of the ingredients are too high, the minimum wage has risen to $25/hour. I have a friend that has about 50 5 gallon tubs of wheat, and others of sugar, salt, and other things. I, for one, have several cans of dried foods and ingredients and other things. We have a mechanical bread making machine that my wife uses just to keep her skills up. We also eat food from our storage to ensure that our stomachs will deal with the healthy ingredients. My kids are grown, now. (all in their late 40's) They, too, have done the same.
    Anyway, I say all of this because if the economy collapses, it may take a gold coin to buy a loaf of bread. (Oh yeah, my wife has stacked our storage room with toilet paper.)

usmc 6123 likes this.
  17. mpcusa

Looks like your ready to pull the pin !
    me not so much, I have goals and always
    keep my positions open, Cash, BTC and
    PM,S have all of them, so never put all my
    eggs in one basket :)

18. Dapalon

Dapalon New Member

C074BE12-2349-4551-92FD-C1CC8AF686FE.jpeg C074BE12-2349-4551-92FD-C1CC8AF686FE.jpeg

This is in every bank lobby! Now lets talk about gold! They can allow manipulation, but they can’t print it!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  19. mpcusa

20. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Thats a pretty straight forward one lol. You can go a couple weeks without food if you had too or you could just buy some candy bags or a big thing of protein if you had too. You really want to try going a few days or weeks without toilet paper?

21. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

"Backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government." That's all I need to know. When that $250,000 is worthless because the government keeps printing money out the yingyang, then what? You will have post-WW 1 Germany, or today's Venezuela or Zimbabwe. I have no faith in the government or its credit. zimbabwe money.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted