Do you think the Obama administration will be good for gold?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

edited

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Hey paddy!
    Getting a little off subject are we?
    I mentioned gold and oil in Alaska, which was relative to the original post, this is a no politic zone, and if you want to talk politics, you can do it in another forum :)

4. Paddy54

Another fact is this there is more gold and silver in the ground now then has ever been mined in North & South America. This fact was known back in the late 1800's Gold back then was what $20 @ ounce was not until 1933 that gold was fixed @ $35.00 an ounce..... but a dollar was a dollar in thoses days! My dad worked for 47 years for the Federal Reserve Bank he never held gold for one reason.... when you came into the bank with a $5 gold piece it was weighed if it did not weight the propper amount you only got in cash for what it weighted. The same with silver coins the rim were reemed or lettered due to the fact people would shave the edge of silver coins save the shavings and spend the coin. Then when they got enough shavings they melt it down and sell the silver. Another good reason to hold PM is that history always repeats its self. Look back to the pre war years of WW ll if you were fleeing Europe due to the fear of being put in a consentration camp the only thing that got you out was hard money ...gold..... silver ... gems stones. RAF pilots always had gold soverigns sewened in their flight jackets why ? in case they were shot down behinde enemy lines. Hard money has always been a safety net out of hard times. Glad my net in place. Paddy

5. Paddy54

Well plenty of gold in Cali and Alaska...
    We can't get the gold, or oil out of Alaska, which would cause more job opportunities, and somewhat stop some of the poverty, and we can't do it, because of the environmentalists, who complain that we'd be destroying mother earth... Just SICK when you put the environment in front of the well being of man kind.

Oh your statement about enviromentalist is not political? Seemed to be to me.... guessing free speech is only for those who see it your way?

6. tmoneyeagles

I guess it is, Paddy, but the thing it was not deleted or edited by any of the moderators. -- No it was just that I had missed that ;)
    My statement had to do with gold, and the mining of gold, which relates to the original post, while you want to give me a lesson on the last admin leaving the treasury broke?

7. tmoneyeagles

Now before this turns into an all out war, I am done posting on this thread.
    If you want to share your beliefs with others on politics, that is fine with me paddy, find somebody who agrees with you, and talk to them privately, or go to a politics forum.

8. Mr. Coin Lover

Mr. Coin Lover Supporter**

In my opinion the only way the current "leadership" will be good for PMs is a secondary issue to the inflation I think will be coming down the road. The fact that a some coins or a small amount of bullion increase in value won't help a whole lot when prices of everyday life increase an unusal amount, say like the Carter years.

I don't mean this as "gloom and doom". I would rather have a few years of high inflation compared to double digit unemployement in our country.

After saying all of this I'm glad now I have some PMs and will be even happier down the road.

9. Paddy54

"I guess it is, Paddy" { Well then we can agree to disagree...}

10. Paddy54

Very true MR Coinlover.... unless people are working there is no spending. Gold @ $5000.00 an ounce is no deal for anyone be they the haves or have nots! We are in uncharted waters at this time......who knows where PM will go......only one thing certain they will never go to Zero...and for us who have that's a good thing! :)

11. Daboz

Daboz Senior Member

As long as we continue to print Fiat money, gold will always be a good bet. If Gold does as good under Obama as it did under Bush,you can keep your stocks, I'll keep buying more gold.

Obama does not appear to have done anything that would make him a pro market type.

12. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I'm closing this thread because it seems like some of ya'll are having problems with going off topic.
    I know that the title of the thread makes it hard for some to "answer" and not get into politics, but like it or not, you HAVE to if you are going to follow the rules.

Rather than start handing out infractions, and editing more and more posts, I'm going to close it. IF you think you can talk about this topic without going off on politics again, then you are welcome to start another thread....maybe with a better title! ?

Speedy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.