Do you take physical possession?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by physics-fan3.14, Nov 25, 2018.

?

Do you take physical possession of the metals you buy?

1. Yes, I always take possession

22 vote(s)
    75.9%
  2. No, I invest in a pool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I prefer the company to store it for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I don't buy precious metals

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. I prefer bacon

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

but it's just a small one ... I really need to read my most recent SDB paperwork.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

I always take possession.
    If someone else has possession of your Gold .. think of the charges you incur for them to handle your gold. And I'd rather have the peace of mind to know that it actually exists, and I can store in a SDB for a charge too and put other stuff in it (which I do).

Gold "savings" doesn't take up much space anyways. Even $250,000 of gold is only 205 ounces. That's just a little over 10 tubes of 1oz AGEs or what ever. Easily fits in a SDB. I'm far, far from that amount but it still is a small amount of space for Gold.

I also put my Silver tubes in the SDB; and my fractional Gold tubes lol

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  4. Clawcoins

5. CasualAg$

CasualAg$ Corvid Minions Collecting

There are few gov’t options for PM storage. The State of Texas contracts with a private firm, as I understand their offering.

Several storage providers cite the gov’t as the biggest threat to your metals, gold especially. Not just the U.S. gov. but any national gov. Their solution is to place your gold offshore in a banana republic that’s difficult to get to in an emergency or half a world away making your metal useless to you.

Bank SDBs are local but accessible at the bank’s convenience. Think Wells Fargo. There doesn’t seem to be many win-win answers to PM storage.

6. CasualAg$

CasualAg$ Corvid Minions Collecting

“The Royal Canadian Mint provides highly secure, transparent storage of Mint-branded precious metals for large financial institutions, investment funds, corporations and other business-to-business clients.”

I don’t think I fit into the RCM’s vision of their customer base... I wonder if Provident is restricted to RCM products? I really think the RCM does some great things that the U.S. Mint should look at closely.

Draft saved Draft deleted