Do you prefer investing invest in Silver rather than Gold

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Ginger1, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Ginger1

Ginger1 Member

I was wondering people who may ignore gold investing and take silver. I can never accept silver for next three months.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coin Chick

Coin Chick Loves Gold

Why can you not accept silver for the next three years?

4. Ginger1

Ginger1 Member

LOL ,It is not for next three Years,I said it for next three months and silver looks week in charts.Thanks

5. Coin Chick

Coin Chick Loves Gold

I read that wrong. Must have been in a hurry. Sorry about that. I should have guessed that it was weak.

6. Ginger1

Ginger1 Member

ok fine, so u made it to think for next three weeks.what was the points striked you to think so? Or it was a guess?

7. garfiun1

garfiun1 New Member

Im going in for the gold since the prices are stronger and make better investments.

8. vertstang86

vertstang86 Member

IT depends on the type of investment. For example, I'd rather put Gold into an IRA for its stability and higher prices... Silver, is great for short term investments and domestic Preparedness...

9. Coin Chick

Coin Chick Loves Gold

Have you put gold into an IRA? I have posted a few things on this and was curious about it.

10. kevin2

kevin2 New Member

I find gold to be more useful, it has more uses like electronics everything is gold plated so I'll stick with my gold ;)

11. vertstang86

vertstang86 Member

God forbid, in the event where gold and silver become the currency of the land again... do you really want to pay 1500 bucks for a loaf of bread? instead of 3 bucks in a quarter or dime?

12. CarpeNemo

CarpeNemo New Member

Silver has been looking to me more and more like a short term flipping investment. You buy some, get a slight raise and sell it quickly, get a little profit from it and move on. I don't know how solid I'd want to buy in bulk with the intention to keep for a long term.

13. vertstang86

vertstang86 Member

Depends on what you invest in silver for... for a collapse of the dollar or other major currency? think of it this way... do you want to buy a loaf of bread for 1500 bucks in gold? or 3 dollars in silver? :) Some also, may not accept large gold pieces as they may think they are fake.

14. thiefraccoon

thiefraccoon New Member

there was a thread here about how silver is eventually going to become more valuable than gold...

15. BullionFace

BullionFace New Member

You've got a good point, Garret.

Personally I'd stick with gold though.... It's just got far more practical applications. Especially in a technologically geared world such as our own. Gold will always be in demand for making electronics, silver though.... Well I don't know a whole lot about silver :p

Draft saved Draft deleted