Do you invest in Copper bars and coins?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Happy, Feb 16, 2011.

1. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

A Troy ounce weighing more than the avo. ounce, correct?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Avoirdupois Ounce = 28.3495 Grams
    Troy Ounce = 31.1035 Grams

4. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

5. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

http://www.cointalk.com/t34131/

3 – Self Promotion – self promotion is not permitted on Coin Talk. * See exceptions

Exceptions –

A - If you are a coin dealer or you occasionally sell coins, or you own a web site or business that sells coins, you may have a link to your web site or contact information in your Personal Profile.

B – Coin Talk wishes to provide a way for our members to be able to buy, sell & trade with each other. For this reason Coin Talk provides the Advertising section for our members. Each Coin Talk member, once he or she has accumulated 10 posts or more in the various forum sections, is permitted to make 1 post every 7 days in each of the individual parts of the Advertising section. ( In other words, if you make a post in the Auction Forum on Tuesday, you may not make another post in the Auction Forum until the following Tuesday. The same goes for - For Sale, Want Lists, Trades, Auction Listings, and Open.)

NOTE - different rules regarding advertising apply for Supporters of Coin Talk! They are permitted more than 1 post every 7 days - regular members are not.

6. bullion_guy

bullion_guy C. Heston

Why did this thread die? This is a great topic when it comes to copper bullion products. I started investing a couple years ago in copper bullion and I think it is definitly a long term investment for sure, but I also feel it has the most potential for a huge financial gain like gold and silver was back in 2000 when you could get gold for $280 and silver for $4... Wish I jumped on that train back then.

7. lonegunlawyer

You Know it. I am collecting all my copper cents. I would say when I roll search, approximately 15%-20% are coppers. I just put them in a jar and return or spend the others.

8. thecoin

thecoin New Member

I had about 20.00 in copper cents from roll searching, but I needed money, so they went back to wf in cwr's

9. lonegunlawyer

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I think there is still time to build back up though.

10. thecoin

thecoin New Member

Ya, I have about 1500 in merchandise, coin merchandise, most of which I willbe selling at an upcoming show, on the 29th, I hope to got some sales there as I have Nomoney right now

11. lonegunlawyer

Why not try selling more on your site? I have been there several times. Also, while I am at it, from your site, I do not know how to pay or what shipping charges are.

If I am missing something, let me know. If not, I would suggest adding this information (plus more items if you have them) to your site.

PS You need an avatar. :)

12. tauferners

tauferners On a quest for knowledge

one gallon glass maple syrup container. weighs about 40+ lbs all pre 82 & a few canadian coppers.

Attached Files:

13. lonegunlawyer

14. tauferners

the first one seemed easy, my daughter an I filled it over last summer. My second one is not even half full and kind of slowing down.

15. lonegunlawyer

That is pretty good. Is that from roll searching?

16. tauferners

yes, they are all from roll searching.

17. lonegunlawyer

I just did my first roll searching over the past couple weeks and was amazed to find approximately 15%-20% coppers. I almost filled a quart jar.

Draft saved Draft deleted