Disappointed with latest eBay coupon, 90% U.S. silver purchase

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Dougmeister, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

<sigh>

I know I shouldn't complain, but here I go anyway ;-)

I used that 15% off coupon that @-jeffB posted (thanks again, -jeffB!) to buy a roll of circulated 90% silver U.S. quarters.

Last time I bought, from this same seller, I got a really nice mixture of dates, a few in the 1930's.

This time, the earliest was a single 1959, the rest were in the 1960's... 25 of which were 1964...

<sigh>

Well, I bought them for their silver content/economic meltdown/zombie apocalypse, so I guess the zombies won't care what date is on the coin ;-)

Ok. Thanks for reading. </rant>

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

You have to know.....you cant always get your expectation's too high for eBay! ;)

4. ddddd

ddddd Member

It’s a bit disappointing but remember that you got junk silver for cheaper than it’s offered anywhere else. Just treat it as bullion and look forward to your next purchase of something more exciting. :)

5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Nice HTML spin off

6. bsting

bsting Never enough coins.lol

I know I get disappointed when I get rolled coins from the bank and I don’t get any silver. C’mon, just give me the silver coins. They know that’s what I want. Jerks.lol ;)

7. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I like to think of it as The Rolling Stones sang :

You can't always get what you want,
    But if you try sometimes,
    You get what you need.

coinsareus10, Kentucky and spirityoda like this.
  8. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Dougmeister, you should not be disappointed if they were purchased at or below melt.

I ordered a "few" rolls of 90% Rosie's from a large, established seller. The cost after applying the 15% coupon worked out being $0.53 below melt per ounce. They are arriving today so I will see if nice mixture of dates or not. I will be happy either way. Who doesn't like getting silver below melt. I love Christmas time and all the deals that pop up!

SilverMike and Hookman like this.
  9. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of the deals. My silver-encrusted heart is melt-ing.

10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I look at my Junk silver purchases as bullion only. However this did get me thinking about someday going through all my junk silver trying to cherry pick something that was missed.

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted