Did you buy on the dip today?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I hope I wont be sorry, I bought on the dip today (4ounces gold) at $952 and change. Did anyone else buy today?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

No ... still to soon for me.

What did you buy? and what was the premium over spot per ounce?

4. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

4-1ounce pamps premium was $14.00 over spot I hope I didnt get ripped!

5. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Personally, I don't think it even qualifies as a dip. It wasn't even a 10% move. It looks like a normal market fluctuation to me.

6. ahearn

ahearn Member

Waaaaay too soon for me. I'm waiting for a much bigger dip. Prices are still too close to the $1000 "wall". I want a little more padding between me and the wall.

7. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Don't hold your breath waiting for it to nosedive. This "dip" was probably normal Friday profit taking. Ha! I keep waiting/wishing for tenth oz. AGEs
    to go back to $75 each like when I was buying in 2006. I have not bought any since. Now it takes $125 for the same coins.

8. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

$950 again just moments ago ...can we get to $900 please?

The dollar need the defibrillator STAT ...pump some life back into the old boy.

9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

What do you guys think of mining stock , and British Petroleum stock .
    rzage

10. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Mining companies are probably the worst managed businesses on the planet. The industry has terrible economics and many of the management teams are prone to take advantage of their insider positions at the expense of shareholders. Still, if the price of gold and silver rises, they will probably go up anyway. There are a couple of good ones, the needles in the haystack.

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a bad oil company. BP is okay but probably not best. Don't get too excited about dividends when choosing stocks.

Draft saved Draft deleted