Did Franklin Roosevelt confiscate silver as well as gold?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Gam3rBlake, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Rhody

Rhody Member

Looked up E.O. 6814 on DuckDuckGo and it was not a long read but rather confusing in Section 2 para. c, or (c) depending on which search result you get. The text on more than one site says "Mint tinder". "Tinder"? To me, that's a flammable material or as I found out, a dating site. Neither made sense in the context until I found one that had the word "under" rather than "tinder". OK then except for the term "so much" in the same para.. Is that legalese or another text reader mistake?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

"Put the truck away, Jethro" :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I never knew that before now. Thanks for ejicating me.:woot:

fretboard likes this.
  5. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

To be candid, some questions we get shouldn’t be asked. That’s why the moderators have such a tough job.

But…to be clear… I have not seen any questions from you that fit in that category, I have enjoyed your posts.

One other thing that goes with @paddyman98 ’s perception idea: Many members here are very matter-of-fact, brusque even, with their answers and oftentimes are mistaken for rudeness. Just get some thick skin and join the rest of us as we let that kind of thing slide off our duck’s back and back to what is important…coins.

Respectfully tendered…Spark

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  6. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

I PREFER YIPPY.COM because it is less to type but lately YIPPY brings up DUCKDUCKGO so they either merged or there was a buy out.

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Thanks! I've never tried it, but will.

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I am glad you asked the question. I been collecting coins for fifty years and have long been aware of the requirement to turn in gold. I had never looked it up though and certainly didn’t know that silver bullion was part of that act until today. Thanks for posting this one. I learned something today.

Gam3rBlake and yakpoo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted