Debating on selling my stack

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by alucard86, Dec 16, 2019.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Pretty sure our estate auctioneer in western GA hit us for quite a lot more than that.

bruthajoe likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

That is difficult. I made allot of trips selling off stuff. But it was only 15 minutes away. I always tried to schedule multiple people for the same evening. It's grueling.

4. bruthajoe

5% agent commission in NYC what a joke. It was exclusive. It should have been 3% . We got blindsided at table. Always negotiate and get it written on the REA contract. They got 30,000 from us!!!

5. bruthajoe

Back to selling stacks. Does anybody have a good formula for working out a selling price for " junk coin silver" eg.. 90% x weight x 5% seller fee...?

6. bruthajoe

It was doing pretty good at $24

7. bruthajoe

Shipping :shifty:

8. bruthajoe

Shipping? Who's gonna pay 5$ shipping on each coin? Or whatever the minimum is. That's what's stopping me from using eBay.

9. bruthajoe

Depart and join another website? Depart Cointalk?

Kentucky likes this.
  10. bruthajoe

Is that final value fee something like eBay's Commission?

11. bruthajoe

We threw out hundreds of collector's plates. :inpain:

12. bruthajoe

Ha!

13. -jeffB

Yup. If you list a lot of items, there's also a (small) fee to add the listing, and you can buy various extras (boldface title, featured position, etc) for more money.

Final value fee is normally 10% of the sale price. If you pay a monthly or annual fee to maintain an "eBay Store", you can get discounted final value fees in some categories, including Coins and Paper Money (I think it goes down to a bit over 6%).

bruthajoe likes this.
  14. bruthajoe

So a lot of coins would cost more to list as opposed to a single coin?

15. -jeffB

Listing as a single large lot would cost less than listing the coins individually. Listing more than I think 100 coins per month would start incurring listing fees. (I think you get 100 free listings per month, might be more or less.)

bruthajoe likes this.
  16. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

In our August auction he charged 15%. For this Saturday's auction he dropped it to 12% because I negotiated it down; having a good turnout in August didn't hurt the negotiation.

Steve

17. alucard86

alucard86 Active Member

The 3rd LCS will pay $7,700 for my stack. That's about 96%. Cash

Mr. Flute and -jeffB like this.
  18. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

If I looked back over 5 years to see what I paid for a lot of the stack and it was under $17 an ounce, I'd take the $7,700 offer. It's not the best (I'd expect over $7900 for the whole lot minus the Peace Dollars and Libertads) but to save the hassle of trying to squeeze out a few hundred more, I'd take it.

slackaction1 likes this.
  19. alucard86

alucard86 Active Member

Melt is $8,037.89

20. Tuco

Tuco Active Member

When ebay pulls that nonsense I just list in "collectibles" instead of coins to get the capped final value fee

-jeffB likes this.
  21. -jeffB

Yeah, but again, that loses you all the category searchers. I have no idea how much it impacts actual viewership; I suppose I should run a couple of experiments.

slackaction1 and Tuco like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted