Deals, freebies, and other exclusive offers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by myownprivy, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

That would be a great way to rack up rewards.

However, I completely understand and agree with ebay's policy. Prepaid cards and gift cards are a very easy way to launder money. Using those gift cards to purchase a highly fungible, untraceable asset is exactly what crooks would want to do.

It's too bad that leaves us unable to game the system.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

And yet more and more stores are refusing to let you buy gift cards with credit cards, which increase traceability, but of course cut into the merchants' bottom line.

4. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

10 oz. Silver kookaburras for $186 @ US Gold Bureau on EBAY today. I had a $15 coupon, so..$171 total for one, or $17.10 per oz. Going for the ever elusive 10 oz. silver world coin type set. :wideyed:

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Johndoe2000$

Bullion Exchange on EBAY has 100oz. RCM bars for $1708 free ship today. Where is @mpcusa this morning? Good opportunity to add some heft, especially if you have coupons, or such. Stack on.

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

He,s here and paying close attention !!

and thanks for the heads up :)

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  7. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

APMEX has 100oz. bars at spot this morning. $1,665 as of right now. :D

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

e-bay, MCM 10 2017 ASE's for $198.60

9. mpcusa

Will probably be picking up another 10 OZ Bar here in the next week or two
    or a 1/10 OZ Gold Maple either and also eyeing up some Rhodium :)

10. Johndoe2000$

Check/m.o.

11. mpcusa

at spot that's an excellent deal :)

12. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

Check out the 9.5% over spot 1/10 on provident. I received a great, sealed BU in my order.

13. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

Apmex.com has a 4-Hour flash step sale that just started today you can get a $10 roll of quarters for 124 and change that's only $4 over spot melt value. It ends in about 3 hours

14. Speedbump

8% ebay bucks going on right now as well. The same roll of 90% from APMEX is $129.45 with $10.35 back in bucks for a net price of $119.10. (at the time of this post)

15. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

So i could take it right down to local dealer sell and only lose 20 cents maybe?

Actually, that's a hell of a buy. Unlimited quantitie apmex i think also...

16. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

So i could take it right down to local dealer sell and only lose 20 cents maybe?

Actually, that's a hell of a buy. Unlimited quantitie apmex i think also...

17. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

Just bought 1 roll, see what I get. I would imagine that what we're going to see in about a week is a whole bunch of people selling a dollar face value of 90% silver starting at 16 or 17 bucks eBay with nobody bidding. Muaha.

18. Speedbump

You can buy as much as you want off their ebay store, but ebay will limit your bucks to $100.

I have bought a lot of generic 90% coins from APMEX over the years with their occasional deals. They are decent coins. Only got a couple here and there that were questionable, usually slicked standing liberty or barber quarters. Most are average circulated Washington quarters.

19. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

eBay did not give me any discount. no biggie though. I also have bought a lot from APmex... they really do have some of the best prices.

20. mpcusa

I buy allot of PM,S from many different sources though I find APMEX service
    To be outstanding and noteworthy there everyday prices are higher then
    most but in there defense they do have allot of special that are very attractive :)

21. Speedbump

Ebay Bucks is not a discount. Its a cash-back program you sign up for (free) that gives you a percentage back on qualifying purchases. You earn bucks each quarter and the bucks that you have earned can be used toward most any purchase the first month of each quarter.

Items in the "Bullion" category cannot earn buck, but you can spend bucks on bullion. Items listed as "Coins" are eligible to earn bucks. The key is to look out for promotions where they give a higher percentage back. Its usually 1%, but promotions can bump that to 6%, 8%, or 10%. I identify thing I want to buy and then save them for later when a promotion hits. Like this last time, I picked up a portable Bluetooth speaker I had been eyeing. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted