Dealers Changing their Sell and Buy Back Prices

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Sep 11, 2016.

1. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

You cant expect dealers buy back prices to be set in stone. Its understandable that they change them depending on the volume of silver walking in the door. Silver is up 40% or so YTD so they probably have a lot of people trying to cash in. The dealers also don't want to run the risk of buying all this stuff just to see half of the gains or more get wiped out. Silver was 13ish within the last 6-8 months if memory serves me, so they obviously want a little buffer in case some of those gains are wiped out.

It just means its not a good time to sell. Like they say you want to sell when everyone is buying and buy when everyone is selling. Gold and silver up 30-40% in 2016 means there are more sellers than buyers right now I guess.

I don't like silver at all, not at all but I would bet you will see $22-$24 within a year. I would hold off on selling if you can and even if it just holds the $19 you will get a higher percentage of spot after all this "selling because its up $6 this year" passes. But im saying, silver will be higher a year from now -- $22-$23-$24. somewhere around there and this coming from the most anti-silver guy around.

Bman33 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
Draft saved Draft deleted