Deal or no deal?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Halfpence, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Halfpence

Halfpence New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to this game, and am primarily interested in silver bullion. I've been reading many different threads, and learning a lot from all of you.
    It's "Black Friday" week, and I'm finding ASE tubes for $333, and 2018 silver maples for $1.79 over spot. Can anyone opine on experiences from past years as to whether these prices are good deals, or whether there tend to be better opportunities later? These prices don't really seem heavily discounted to me, but I already missed out on some krugerrands, so I could use advice. Thx!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. myownprivy

myownprivy Well-Known Member

That's still over $2.20 premium for the Eagles and $1.79 for the Maples. The Maples are a good deal (Premium is usually always over $2). The deal on the Eagles isn't that great (Premium is typically around $2.25-$2.75). I'd get the Maples but wait to find Eagles with a premium closer to only $2.

Halfpence likes this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

If you are new to this then you may not realize that PM's are currently at a very attractive price level for those of us that are buying. Most purchases come with a premium. Heck, the seller has to make something on the transaction..... Personally I purchase PM's for the long haul. I still hold what I purchased in the 1980's. Point is, yes, now appears to be a good time to buy. Just buy with long range ambitions. PM's are not a vehicle to create wealth. They are more a vehicle to store wealth.

Halfpence likes this.
  5. Halfpence

Halfpence New Member

Thx for both replies. Any and all opinions are helpful.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  6. mkan20

mkan20 New Member

always a better deal if you buy in bulk. if I buy generic silver, I go 10oz bars or higher. ideally, I would buy tubes of government issue (i'm not very picky). social media has been great for finding sellers that sell pretty close to melt. I haven't used the big web dealers at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted