Current prices for 2006 american eagles

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, May 3, 2007.

1. pellegrino

pellegrino New Member

what everyone is missing is that many collectors will buy it to complete a reverse proof set. Silver, gold, platinum. I think a sell out the first week or day is possible. I'll be there for sure!!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. holz

holz holz

2007 Platinum 3 piece set

The only low coin mintage at 15,000 will be the Reverse Proof. I believe it will trade higher then bullion. The 3 piece Gold had only 10,000 Rev PF. The gold set has at least doubled in value all due to Reverse Proof.

So now we have 50% more Platinum Rev PF. Less people collect Platinum then Gold. The preminum for Platinum should be a lot less then the GOLD Rev PF.

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

You can't find them on the mint's web site. They are published weekly in Numismatic News.

5. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

Did you include the 4 coin sets in these figures? I am seeing these numbers posted now which are considerably higher.

$50 6030
    $25 5143
    $10 5850
    $5 14,356

6. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

2007 w unc gold

those set were already included.

7. KomkaCoins

KomkaCoins Member

I agree with you!!! Wait and see if Dansco places a hole for the z6f (06-w) in the album. The current price will be peanuts to what it will be once people see they have a hole in the middle of their set!

8. elaine 1970

coin value august prices

coin value august prices stated:

2006 w one ounce unc gold - $900.00
    2006 w 1/2 oz - $800.00
    2006 w 1/4 oz - $400.00
    2006 w 1/10 oz - $160.00

9. kidkayt

kidkayt Senior Member

graded or ungraded?

10. elaine 1970

graded or ungraded?.

those were the maximum retail prices by coin value magazine. and not graded by pro.

11. ewasherman

ewasherman New Member

I cannot believe what is going on, In May I bought a 1999 $5. gold piece on line, this is the only slabbed coin I own, It was listed as MS grade, when I recieved the coin I was happy to see that it was graded MS70.
    I paid about $120.00 including shipping.

Now I am setting up an inventory of my coins and the software package I have says the coin is worth $850.00, is this even remotely possible?

It is fun to think it might be true, but I really have a hard time accepting it.

Your comments would be appreciated.

12. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

is the coin slabbed by SGS by any chance ?? if so i am truly sorry for your lose!

13. asciibaron

asciibaron /dev/work/null

please post a picture of the slab

14. 9roswell

9roswell Senior Member

15. trip20

trip20 Member

Go with your gut feeling, does it sound too good to be true? Then it probably is. 1/10oz gold eagles go for $80-$85 so $120 in a slab is a little high but the slabber had to recoup the grading cost so I guess it's about right.

16. GDJMSP

If it was the error coin struck with unfinished Proof dies, yeah it's possible.

17. kidkayt

kidkayt Senior Member

Should it have a "W" on it if this is the case ???

18. GDJMSP

Yes, it would.

19. elaine 1970

graded coins

more than 1/3 of the 2006 w unc am eagle 1/2 oz & 1/4 oz gold coins have been graded. those grades were between ms69 and ms70. can you believe that?.

20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

did those numbers come from population reports? just curious

21. elaine 1970

population report

yes, it was.

Draft saved Draft deleted