Crazy Ebay Auction

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by 1970 Silver Art, Jun 15, 2010.

1. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

Hmmmmm...........This is interesting. With under 3 1/2 hours left in the The Crazy Ebay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110557305005&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT), there are 2 bids on this auction. I never would have really expected that there would be any bids at all on this. However, the reserve has not been met. Of course, nobody is going to buy that 1-oz silver art bar for a BIN price of $350,000.00. This is the ebay seller's 4th re-listing of this same ebay auction. We will see what happens. Whoever wins this crazy ebay auction would easily ended up paying much more than I did for the same 1-oz Coca-Cola-Houston silver art bar that I won on ebay on July 8 (Thursday) for $30.59.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 1970 Silver Art

This crazy ebay auction just ended with 2 bids but the reserve was not met. I think that this ebay auction will be re-listed for a 5th time if the winning bidder does not want to pay the reserve price. I suspect that I will see this crazy ebay auction again for a 5th time. We will see. Stay tuned.

4. 1970 Silver Art

It's baaaaaaaaaack..............for a 5th time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/75th-Coca-Cola-Edition-Silver-Bar-/110560576258?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item19bdec8302

This is the 5th time that he has re listed this crazy ebay auction and it the exact same auction that just ended earlier today. When this particular auction ends at 10:43 Eastern Standard time (7:43 PST) on July 23, 2010, it will get the exact same results and that is getting no bids. Maybe it might get 1 or 2 bids but it will not matter because it will not meet the reserve. Maybe I am missing something here but I just do not see how this ebay seller is going to sell this 1-oz silver bar for BIN price of $350,000.00. If this silver art bar is really sells $350K, then I will post on this thread to admit that I was wrong.

Also it really does not make any sense to put a reserve on this 1977 1-oz Coca-Cola-Houston silver art bar that is going to normally sell for between $30 to $45 on ebay. The ebay marketplace will determine the worth of this particular '70's silver art bar.

5. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

You'd think he'd change his sob story. This one ain't work'n.

6. mlmummert

mlmummert Junior Member

The person he's renting his current home from probably has financial problems too because this guy won't pay the rent... just like he didn't pay his mortgage before.

If you're going to come up with a sob story, make it a good one at least. My house got swept away by a tornado while I was off tending to my ill grandparents, then the town condemned it and tore it down without telling me. So now I'm homeless.:dead-horse:

And I'm a pretty poor creative writer at that.:hail:

7. 1970 Silver Art

This auction (see post # 43) just ended today and, as expected, there were no bids and therefore it went unsold for a 5th time. My gut feeling tells me that this auction will be relisted for a 6th time. Stay tuned..........

8. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

Two years ago, I lost my manufacturing job because my job was shipped off to China. 6 months later, and shortly after my health benefits from severance ran out, my wife of 32 years was diagnosed with cancer. Due to mounting medical costs and a debt that exceeds $250,000, I fell behind on our mortgage payments, and now they are evicting us from the place we call home. We brought our children home to this house from the hospital, raised them here. Their footprints are in the cement walk out front, their birth-year quarters in the concrete patio next to the pool. All the bank cares about is money and are seizing our home after 26 years of faithfully paying our mortgage on time.

I'm not the type of man to beg, let alone ask for help from others, but this is one time where I really need any assistance I can get. If there's a kind and financially capable heart out there that can help not only save my home, but also my lovely wife's life, I will be forever indebted to you.

BIN: $100,000.

Draft saved Draft deleted