Crash

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by vnickels, Apr 21, 2011.

1. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

It is going to come. Just wait. I can't be sure for certain, but I think it may hit $55 than DROP, or keep going, I just hope people realize that this "wonderful" rise can only last so long. I am just guessing and it is to hard to tell. Please share your thought on a coming Spike or Crash.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

[​IMG]

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think it is reasonable to expect silver prices to spike at some point. But bull markets frequently last longer and move higher than anybody expects beforehand. So I have no idea on the timing or price level. For now, it's still a bull market. If forced to guess, I would say that timewise, silver is late in the game, but pricewise it might have a long way to go. The key is to stay flexible and respond to things as they unfold. Don't get married to your investment or investment thesis.

5. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Cloud, I'm in the same boat. Once silver broke $42, I think the next technical ceiling is $78 or so. I think we're very late in the game... perhaps even in "overtime" or "extra-innings." I expect a correction by summer and a top within the year.

6. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

Yeah, well I felt pretty stupid after AI said that $35 was going to be the cap. Sure, it's going to peak, but the number keeps getting higher and higher.
    hope I can safely predict that Silver won't go beyond $750 an ounce this year. If it does, then I believe the USD is in serious trouble.
    I

7. BusterHighman

BusterHighman New Member

We should make some rules on Top Calling. Is $55 the first top you called? You can't come back at $65 calling the top again.

Physical holders would be wise not to mistake the INEVITABLE short term correction with a crash.

8. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

After being wrong by predicting $35, I am not making any more predictions. I only will say that I don't think $750 is foreseeable this year. However, if it does reach that, the USD is in serious trouble. IMHO

gary

9. 1970 Silver Art

1970 Silver Art Silver Art Bar Collector

I do not think that silver will hit $50 in 2011. This silver run has gone too far too fast and the smackdown will be brutal. I think that silver will hit $48 or $49 before it gets smacked down back to the lows that we hit earlier this year. Silver will NOT hit $50 in 2011.

10. BusterHighman

BusterHighman New Member

You could make some real money selling December $50 calls. Go call your top in the other thread.

11. BusterHighman

BusterHighman New Member

Go ahead and make another Call in the other thread.

12. JJK78

JJK78 Member

I think there is still enough demand and not enough supply to push it to $75+ before there is any kind of major correction. IMHO silver is underpriced even at $50 at oz. Especially with all the turmoil in the worlds economies, many people are looking for physical metal in exchange for paper, and there is a lot more paper out there then silver.

With as much trouble as the US Dollar is in, i will continue to stack silver until I truly see a change for the better and maybe see a year or two of the US debt going down for a change.

Not trying to derail the thread but do you have anything to back up your claim other then a gut feeling or that it has just been going up for too long?

13. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

This is really screwing up my thoughts on 5oz ATB futures. The bullion value has caught up to the collector value and erased it. I thought if anything, the collector value would go down to bullion's level.

14. 1066merlin

1066merlin ANA#R3157534

I'm out of the game at this point. It's getting to expensive for me at this point to take the risk. It's gonna come down at some point and can't afford to take a loss. I sold some at 30 an oz. I don't regret it at all! I still have some in back up that I WILL sell if it hits 50 though. I'm sure lots of people are gonna take a beating here very soon

15. JJK78

JJK78 Member

I think the 2010's will always hold a collectors premium. The problem is that will the recent rapid rise of silver prices and the fact that the remaining APs who still have coins left are dumping them right now as fast as possible so they can purchase the 2011s. Once the 2011's hit the streets and the cheap 2010's dry up I think the the 2010's will see a 25%+ premium over melt, and will continue to rise for a few years until the silver market settles down, sort of like the 1999 Silver quarters.

16. play2win

play2win New Member

when the silver prices crash, slv will go down and the silver short zsl will sky rocket. today it was down 6.5% because silver was up. The problem is no one can time the market, it has been proven. Study all you want it's legalized gambling. But when silver comes stumbling down keep an eye on the silver etf's. What's interesting also is the fact that slabbed graded coins, pcgs for example you would think would increase in value just because of the silver content value increase. Do people see slabbed franklins for example rising?

17. usc96

usc96 Junior Member

I sure am glad I got all my standard sets (washington quarters, franklin and liberty walking halves, peace and morgan dollars) done or significantly so when silver was still affordable.

18. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I use the "Snicker's Bar" approach to measuring inflation. In the past two (2) years, silver has gone from $12 to $46.50 per ounce...and over that same period, I could buy a Snicker's Bar at any Walmart in the country for 99¢.

That relationship shows the relative effect of currency devaluation on the two products. Industrial consumption of silver has decreased over that same period while production has increased.

This bubble may have some more room to inflate...but it's still a bubble.

I think the best way to play a bubble like this (for the long term) is to buy "out of favor" coins from the Mint that aren't selling well due to high PM prices. The Platinum series or the First Spouse series are good candidates...(imo).

19. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I like the "Snickers Bar" idea. But at this point if the bubble does burst what's it go back to...$35's?

20. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Did you bring enough Snickers bars for everyone on this thread? If you didn't, that's just plain mean.

21. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

If speculation is drained from the markets, $15 silver is about right (imo)...but a glut could push it lower for a time. On the other hand, I don't see a scenario that would drain speculation from the markets happening anytime soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted