Could this be good news?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I found this in the news today and found it interesting. Does anyone here think that if this is done will it make prices go up? very important piece of news regarding the positive long term future of gold was reported in Reuters today. Marcus Grubb, the World Gold Council’s head of investment, research and marketing, told delegates at a meeting in London that central banks may be justified in increasing their gold holdings to 40-50 percent of their reserves. He further stated that the current macroeconomic environment supported gold buying: ‘It is not only about the dollar, not only about diversification, but also about future inflation,’ he said

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Gee, how could it be wrong coming from such an unbiased source?

4. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I'll stick with the stocks I have , they gotta go back up again , they always have before , like commodities they go up and down over and over .
    rzage

5. chasva69

chasva69 Member

You mean Marcus Grubb, the Director of Marketing at the World Gold Council (WGC) an organization which, according to their web site, was "founded by the world's leading gold producers to promote the demand for gold in all its forms." That Marcus Grubb?

any credibility issues there ya think?

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

On the other hand, the stock market in Japan was close to 40,000 in the late 1980s and it about 11,000 or so now. After stocks crashed in 1929 it took until the mid 1950s to break even. And after the DJIA broke 1000 in the mid 1960s, it took until about 1983 until it again traded above that level. Stocks will go up over the long run, but sometimes the long run is very very long.

7. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Well I hope the money I put into a mutual fund 10 years ago are worth at least what I paid for them in another 10 years . In other words, I hope to break even over a 20 year period. I should have listen to my folks and kept my money in money. Of course their are worse things than breaking even. The only stocks which I have that have done half way decent with is the gold stock I bought 4 years ago against some professional advise.

I think the great philosopher Dorris Day said it the best "Que Serra Serra, what ever will be will be." Do wish I knew the answer. I am to old to be playing with my retirement fund.:D

8. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

I expect gold to go up, and there is a good chance it could go up big time.

I like the stocks since March 15th. Fortunes are being made right now. I feel for all the people that lost out, but I'm not gonna sit around and let somebody else collect all the money while stocks go back up again. I had an awesome day Friday and made over 15 grand. It's unreal.

9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Well nice to hear someone is doing good , I'm gonna pay off my house , $93,OOO owed , if I new of some way to make some money believe me I'd try , but I figure better to have a home paid off , of course I could pay off 1/2 and put the rest in inequitiies any ideas people .
    rzage

10. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Sorry, but I probably should not comment on a stock here.

11. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

but you just gotta buy when someones yells fire dont you ??

12. SirCharlie

SirCharlie Chuck

Good Luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted