Could this afect the gold price next week?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Robert Zoellick, the president of the World Bank and a former U.S. trade representative, has warned the U.S. authorities that the dollar's status as the world's leading reserve currency should not be taken for granted and that the euro and the yuan could win increasing acceptance in international currency markets. and this statement here doesn't surprise me considering the source. (Jim O'Neill, chief economist at Goldman Sachs, sought to dampen any talk that the dollar is facing a crisis.)http://finance.yahoo.com/news/G7-finance-ministers-face-apf-3236732226.html?x=0

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

No. It's old news and already factored into the price.

4. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

It could, but anything technically COULD.

5. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Ok here is my advice: try to make as many short term predictions on gold based on this sort of info as possible (joking)

6. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

Yankee....this time you may be onto something big. I am at work right now and it is ALL over the web about the move from dollars being accepted for oil payments....gold is presently a little over $1020.

Drudge report, Reuters, CNBC, many others are reporting this.....

7. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Well, what ever you do dont tell Cloudsweeper99 I dont want to ruin his opinion about me! LOL!

Draft saved Draft deleted