Copper has passed $4.50+ per pound - copper pennies now worth $.03 each!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by JJK78, Feb 4, 2011.

1. LEG END

LEG END Junior Member

It is remarkable that copper has accelerated in price so quickly. I remember last year on a forum saying that one day individual pre 1982 LMC's would be 10 cents per. That will come NOT as a result of the actual cost of copper reaching the threshold where it's actual melt value is such, though. It will happen as the mint has determined that nearly all the coppers have been returned, and LMC examples are not readily available and the melt ban is lifted because there are not enough to worry about melting. It is at that point that a premium will be paid to sellers because their scarcity has begun to parallel the wheat cents.
    Once it is hard to find good gem BU examples, those five gallon jars, boxes of rolls, and bags tucked away in closets will step in to meet the demand for LMCs. Imagine selling at those prices. 145 LMC pre 82 pennies are now worth 4.00+. Eight rolls of clads can be purchased for every three rolls of pre 82 LMC. Hoarding Lincolns from before 1982 is WAY worth it. I am on my 9th five gallon water container, and I'll bury them in the yard before I'll ever sell them. In ten years, my oh my. Hope my carpal tunnel holds on.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
Draft saved Draft deleted