Contact information for AllEngelhard.com ??

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rte, Jan 3, 2023.

1. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I was just on the Allengelhard site.
    I thought at one time a person could contact Allengelhard through the site?
    I couldn't find any such link.

I had a question or two about a bunker hill bar.
    The stampings look correct but are large like on the larger size bars (Examples of bars in this weight class have smaller stamps and marked 999.5)
    The bunker hill stamp is not stamped deep as most examples on Allengelhard.
    I didn't have any tools to verify silver other than it didn't stick to a magnet.
    The seller if he sells will be back to a meeting next month, I can do more checks then.
    Bar does have what looks like a l (or 1 stamped in the heal)
    Just trying to authenticate the bar. Couple things look suspect but I don't see many examples.
    IMG_20230103_183823635.jpg
    IMG_20230103_183842934_HDR.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Maybe a google search might get some results ?

4. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

Try google searching “counterfeit silver bars”.

5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I figured it out.
    Buried on the counterfeit page is an email address.
    I sent an email.
    Here is the response I got back.

Thank you for contacting us at ALL ENGELHARD. Due to the excessive volume of emails we receive each day (typically 100-150 daily), our response time to you will likely be delayed. Please know that we may not respond if your question is something that can easily be answered by reading the information on the website, and many emails may go unanswered due to volume overload. We will typically not respond to questions regarding valuations, unless we feel it is of unique relevance.

Please understand that we are a couple of regular working stiffs with day jobs and families, and this is truly a passion for us, not a profession. Thank you for your understanding and continued support, and keep stacking! AE

6. rte

rte Well-Known Member

The guys at Allengelhard said the bar looks legit.
    I'll try to aquire it.
    Thanks everyone.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  7. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

if you question the bar take it to a place that has a xray spectrometer machine and can scan it for authenticity, most dealers have them now , as far as the purity goes, thats your best bet
    ]
    as far as manufacture goes review the older larger refinieries

8. rte

rte Well-Known Member

I'd have to ask the one gold and silver dealer what he checks things with...it's hard to take and test something someone else owns.
    I know years ago I'd pull a few things from the $1 over box that were fakes and or plated copies.
    He claimed not to know about those but would check into them.
    He's more of a buyer, sends stuff to the refiner like broken jewlery.
    Anymore he can order coins/bullion but has to mark them up.

I check with a strong magnet, scale and if need me a metal detector that has a meter telling what it thinks the metal content is.

Draft saved Draft deleted