Constitution Mint

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Collecting Nut, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Here’s one of the silver 1-ounce rounds that I just unpacked from June of 1998. It’s from the Constitution Mint. The obverse has the sailing ship The U.S.S. CONSTITUTION. With a date of 1984 to the right of the ship. Around the edge are the words “HONEST VALUE NEVER FAILS”.

The reverse has a guide from Article 1, Section 10 of the US Constitution and is surrounded by “CONTAINS ONE TROY Oz. PURE SILVER” with the name of the CONSTITUTION MINT above.

There is no black on the coin, it’s just shadows that I couldn’t get rid of. The coin is toning, some nice bright colors but it also has some dark along the edges. Very nice looking in hand.
    C88E8000-C75E-4C2B-8B5F-4CEBA3156010.jpeg 7C0E9202-C09E-4AB9-B094-DF0045284072.jpeg

1stSgt22, ddddd, tommyc03 and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Nice start :D
    Good price back then, next step 10oz bar, 25oz bar, 50oz bar and a door stop at 100oz bar.
    Screenshot_20220102-121500_eBay~2.jpg

4. Collecting Nut

I don’t buy anything above a ten ounce bar. They are just too difficult to resell.

5. rte

rte Well-Known Member

What is this sell word you speak of?:p

Collecting Nut likes this.
  6. rte

rte Well-Known Member

If you priced any of your collection at those June 98 prices I'd bet you would have empty shelves in no time.

7. Collecting Nut

That’s the thing, I really don’t sell.

Draft saved Draft deleted