Confirmation Needed

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jaceravone, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I just wanted confirmation on whether or not the us mint was releasing a bullion version of the buffalo $50 gold in 2009.

From what I have been hearing and what I have read, the us mint is doing away with all the buffalo fractional pieces in both proof and unc and only keeping the proof 1oz buff.

In addition to the 1oz proof, I also heard that they were going to keep the 1oz buff unc bullion (the one without the W). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I just got off the phone with the us mint and the rep I spoke with said that they were not even sure if they were going to release anymore buffalos at all and could not confirm or deny anything.

There is a reason why I am asking this and a story will follow later. Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

I heard that the Mint was going to produce the GOLD Buffalo in 1 OZ. UNC and PROOF, both without the W.

And I heard that all the SILVER EAGLES will NOT have a W on them. So no more differentiation between UNC and BULLION coins. (W and no W).

Of course, I may be wrong if the Mint says so.

Bruce

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No W on silver eagles? Say it isn't so....

5. mralexanderb

That's kinda how I feel about the W MMs. I really enjoyed my 2006 W silver eagle 3 coin sets and have grown to love the series in general.
    I guess the Mint thinks it will just produce all the silver eagle coins they wan as a UNC bullion coin and a Proof bullion coin.

Bruce

6. mralexanderb

Bad info

I think I am VERY WRONG about the US MINT not producing the burnished ASE with the W mint mark. I'm not sure where I got this info but I apologize for not checking out my sources first.

From what I hear now the US Mint will produce the burnished ASE with the W and adjust the price down from 2008.

Sorry guys,

Bruce

7. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

No problem Bruce. I think the reason that there is so much mis-information out there is because there has been no information out there, so many people are picking up tidbits of info here and there and trying to piece it together.

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The info is out there Joe, people just forgot or ignored it. It was all published in Coin World a while back when the mint announced that they were reducing offerings. They said what they would have and would not have.

9. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Doug, we have heard the mint say things before and right when we were about to believe them, they'll change their minds. Heck, the Mint's own customer service people couldn't answer these questions when I asked them just last week. Although I have no reason to doubt what they say, I also have no reason to believe them either.

Whats that old saying..... Believe nothing of what you read, and only half of what you see..... or something like that. :) (Actually, I think it was believe nothing that your hear and half of what you see).

Also, BTW.... Keep on posting... I am well on my way to winning your contest! :p

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Actually Joe, the saying is.....believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.;)

11. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

:thumb: Thanks Ken!

I believe half your statement is correct. ;)

12. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Joe , only a priest can give you Confirmation , Now if you want information , well I can't give you any of that either .
    rzage

13. mralexanderb

Doug, So, what'd they say about the ASEs? Unc bullion, Unc with the W mm and burnished, and of course the Proof? I've seen the unc without the mm. Is that it for the Unc ASEs?

Bruce

14. hfd12316

hfd12316 Senior Member

I read the article in Coin World and it only confused me! Can't someone (with the correct info) make up some sort of spreadsheet with the product's which were offered last year and this with a check mark or X denoting which will and will not be offered this year? It would be much easier than following the written description's of what is no longer being offered. Perhaps I'm a little dense on this but I can't be the only one. :rolleyes:

15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

confirmed

16. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

i remember poor ND used to get so worked up explaining the same thing over and over again but i am amazed by your patience and resilience. of course not with me but... :D

Draft saved Draft deleted