Collecting Silver Maple Leaf Bullion issues

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by NIBBS, Apr 22, 2017.

1. NIBBS

NIBBS New Member

SML-Sliver Maple Leaf
    RCM-Royal Canadian Mint

I have collected all the SML bullion issues from 1988-date and stayed away from all
    the privy issues, colorized and other promotional issues. Looking at the mintage numbers, there are quite a few prior to 2005 that are under 1 million with the 1997 key date of about 100,000. I decided to collect only RCM sealed coins from 1988-2008 after which they switched over to tubes. My questions are is there a significant numismatic interest in the low mintage coins and does having coins in the RCM mylar packs command a premium over non-sealed coins? All the 2008-dates coins I have are in airtites and my preference would be to have the entire set in airtites but I am hesitant to bust out the RCM seals. The latter have been a challenge to put into coin pages due to the inconsistent sizing. I had to make my own pages by converting BCW currency pages to a 3X3 size. It would nice to have everything in airites for a better presentation and be able to use standard coin pages. What would you do? Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

My experience is the coins in the mylar packs which came in a sheet of 10 bring a premium over others as long as they are still sealed in the pack. Sheets of 10 would definitely bring a higher premium . The mylar packs also had the RCM stamped on the edges .
    I have left all of mine in the original government package .

Nathan401 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted