Coin Show Circuit in My Area matching Online Dealers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I have been to three coin shows this year and dealers are either the same or even less expensive than online sites such as JM Bullion and Provident Metals when it comes to bullion. I'm getting 90% at $.40 over melt and rounds and bars for $.80 over melt. This was not the case last year. Anyone else notice this going on?

Paul M. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I've noticed premiums in general are down, I think it's a symptom of weak demand across the board. Heck I've even been able to score under spot or at spot deals on Ebay lately with a lot more regularity than used to be the case.

moneycostingmemoney and Paul M. like this.
  4. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Yes, this is temporary, as the demand for physical metals has fallen off the past couple of months. When the tide turns, you will be shocked at how suddenly and how substantially the premiums go up.

Paul M. likes this.
  5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Ok, that's two confirmations and one of those is coming from a dealer. I believe it's time to keep stacking! With these low premiums why not? The only thing I have not seen cheap across the board has been ASE's.

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I took a bunch of silver to my local b&m last week, He said no one is buying silver, He gave me less than the norm, I accepted, but he said he couldn't hardly sell Silver for spot.

7. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

Premiums will typically fall as prices go up. Demand can drop off at higher prices and sellers don't need to have high premiums to profit since they likely bought lower than they can sell.

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  8. losthomer

losthomer Active Member

Someone is buying. Spot has been on a steady upward trend lately.

moneycostingmemoney likes this.
  9. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

I bought three rolls of eagles (86, 03, 03) for a tiny bit UNDER spot last week.

Pickin and Grinin and Bman33 like this.
  10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Bought a roll of 90% quarters for melt. I asked the dealer what he would buy back at and he said 90% of melt. That is new for me. I am used to getting spot for my 90% silver. I asked why and he said the market has been flooded with it. Anyone else aware of this in their area?

11. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I just noticed Provident Metals has reduced their buy back. They are $.10 lower on buying back of silver rounds and $.25 lower on buy back of ASE's.

geor952 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted