Coin #4 - Guess the CTer 2021

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Curtisimo, Feb 26, 2021.

Tags:
?

Comment below to play. Use the poll just for fun.

Poll closed Mar 1, 2021.
  1. Parthicus

16.7%
  2. Curtisimo

41.7%
  3. Cucumbor

8.3%
  4. bcuda

4.2%
  5. Theodosius

29.2%
  1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

@Bradley Trotter That bank note is beautiful! Now you've got me looking for one...thanks...lol

Correction. Now I've bought one haha.

Curtisimo and Bradley Trotter like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy it @furryfrog02, and I take it you bought it for the same reasons I did. Anyway, if you bought it from the same vendor I bought it from, you should receive an uncirculated Venezuelan banknote as well.

Curtisimo and furryfrog02 like this.
  4. furryfrog02

It was like $3 and change from a seller in NJ.

5. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

That would be her then. I should also warn you that the envelope might as well be sealed with superglue, so be careful when opening.

Curtisimo and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. furryfrog02

Thanks for the warning :)

7. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Hello all,

My apologies for not getting the last round up and running as soon as I planned and for not responding more in this round. I was out of town and tied up longer than I intended to be.

I just posted my spreadsheet of everyone's guesses so far in the master thread. There are still a few folks that have voted in previous rounds but not in this one so perhaps my lethargic pace for this round is a blessing in disguise. I will post Round 5 on Friday, March 6th 5th and invite everyone to re-guess all the CoinTalkers if they wish :) There is still a bit of time to slide your vote in on this round. Stay tuned!

I literally think I spent about 20 minutes studying your "diagram". :D My best guess is the blue ball containing the correct answer is the one that moves from top left and ends up with the shipping mishap on the bottom right. :eek::smuggrin: Good fun!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  8. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Oh !
    I was quite certain about friday being march 5th....

Weird :D
    Q

Curtisimo and Ryro like this.
  9. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Well, I typed out an entry several days ago where I guessed Theodosius mostly because he seemed a better fit for the coin than the other choice I had not used. I guess I forgot to hit the Post Reply button. I do that way too often. As a coin to show here, I'll select a Theodosius I that I would not expect Theodosius to like but it is one of my coins. It is an AE2 that came with a clipping I have since lost from it's appearance in the Numismatist magazine illustrating an article of some sort (I only got the caption). The caption did not mention the spelling error GLORAI. I always wondered if the author of the article knew.
    ry7790bb0503.jpg

10. furryfrog02

@dougsmit that's a nice looking coin. I can't help but be thrown off by the tiny hands and tiny spear though. Seems so out of place.
    Perhaps in addition to not knowing how to spell, the engraver wasn't real great with proportions.

Theodosius, LaCointessa and Curtisimo like this.
  11. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

There is something very charming about Doug Smit's coin. I really like it and that little arrow (looks like an arrow he is holding). It works for me.

Edited: Aah yes..thanks @furryfrog02 - a spear... of course :-D

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Theodosius and furryfrog02 like this.
  12. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Time works differently in France than it does in the US, Q. I thought you knew that. :wacky:

Ha I posted after midnight so I erroneously added a day. :shy:

Theodosius and Cucumbor like this.
  13. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Round 5 is officially up and running so this thread is now closed to further guesses.

If you missed the chance to vote in this round don't let that stop you from playing along with the game! Each new round is a chance to win so you can still get in on the fun in Round 5 linked below.

Coin #5 - Guess the CTer 2021

Draft saved Draft deleted