COA vs non COA

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by temmy24k, Feb 24, 2009.

1. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

actually, with coa and original box and sleeve. it will command at least 25% mark up on it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

As long as the COA is from a reputable dealer or a reputable mint that is great but the thing is anyone can reproduce them if they want to spend a bit of time and effort, the same goes for the packing :D I use to work in the memrobilia buisness and the number of fake carded star wars items we seen was amazing LOL just wait till our chineses pals figure it out for modern bullion

4. CappedBustDimes

CappedBustDimes Senior Member

What about when buying bullion...does having the assay docs. play a role in value or; more importantly, liquidity?

5. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

OK I'll chime in here guys. I think the modern, "high grade" stuff is a bunch of hype as well and have voiced same in the past. The 69 grade is already suffering when one looks at ebay figures. MANY times raw coins go HIGHER because people are looking for that chance to slab and get a 70 but it's kind of off topic isn't it?

Is it worth more with the COA for "investment" purposes. Right now YES and it's not because I agree with it. People just want that COA.
    I have "run upstairs" at work too many times to find an empty box with the COA in it for a modern issue just to make the customer happy.
    Think about this for a second. It wasn't in the box we had in stock because we probably bought it off the street but we have extra empties upstairs so I get one and NOW it's a legit coin with COA? Like it wasn't legit before?

Now honestly I do like ALL original packaging. It comes that way on the rare occasion that I buy from the mint.

Still I'd take Cloudsweeper99s approach at any moment as well. If I can buy ANYTHING near melt in moderns I couldn't care less about the COA. It's a hunk of metal with value in the metal.

Also, as noted earlier, the COAs from the TV places etc. are nothing but wasted paper. Who cares if only 50,000 were made when 50,000 people weren't stupid enough to buy them in the first place?

Just a few thoughts.

6. Dollar1948

Dollar1948 New Member

All I know is, I wouldn't dream of buying an Obama coin without the C.O.A. I mean in essence thats the big ticket item right?:eek:dd:

Draft saved Draft deleted