[CLOSED] You were saying?

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Marsden, Feb 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsden

Marsden Well-Known Member

Greetings CT friends. I have a ton of stuff I don't need so I'll be giving it all away, and all you have to do is demonstrate genuine interest in the item at hand.

You'll do this by linking us to a previous instance when you expressed your interest in the type of coin I'm posting, or something reasonably tangential. I'll try to be specific with each item.

This is my first attempt at a contest so feel free to tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I did read the rules, twice. Enjoy and good luck!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Marsden

First up: this sweet Barber Dime. All you have to do is link us to where you mentioned a Barber Dime before now.

Screenshot_20220207-224333_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20220207-224806_eBay.jpg

• [​IMG]

4. Marsden

Next up. PCGS DCAM Louisiana quarter. Were you saying something about Louisiana? Or New Orleans?
    Or jazz music, even? Link us and it's yours, with free shipping to CONUS states.

5. Marsden

6. Marsden

One more for now, because all good things come in threes. Whoever supplies their link first wins it. Did you say anything about Pennsylvania? Or keystones? Or steel? Or Pirates?

Also PCGS certified, as shown.

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Nice twist! I like it a lot.

Now, let me see if I can dredge up those posts where I was talking wistfully about Stellas... :D

8. Marsden

9. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Good morning @Marsden, nice idea for a contest!
    I'd like to enter @AidenAlexander for the Barber dime, please. He mentioned his love of them on my thread, just the other day, and as an active YN, i think he'd really enjoy that dime. Thanks so much.
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/what-did-coinjockey73-find-today.375864/page-141#post-8201118
    (He's even got a Barber as his avatar!)

10. dano

dano Junior Member

Wonderful contest Marsden. Love that Barber dime.
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/cl...e-days-of-coinmas.370363/page-20#post-5229232
    I have a YN in mind I'd pass this along too. He's a little young to be on this forum, but he is a Boy scout in my son's troop, and he is working on his coin collecting merit badge. I am the merit badge councilor for coin collecting, and I recognize the excitement and passion I had at that age.

11. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Very thoughtful of you @Marsden. I would entertain a similar process to lighten my collection. However, with 14 grandkids and 21 great grandkids I have been practicing for several years in hopes that they will become interested. I will watch your effort and see how it goes.

Stevearino and Matthew Kruse like this.
  12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    CoinJockey73 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  13. AidenAlexander

AidenAlexander Well-Known Member

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  14. AidenAlexander

AidenAlexander Well-Known Member

15. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Crud, sorry @dano! Forgot you had some YNs over there. Next time!

Cheech9712 and SensibleSal66 like this.
  16. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

It's really hard to remember what we mentioned, and when. Is there an easy way to search all of your own posts?

17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Hope they go to good homes. Good luck all.

AidenAlexander and Inspector43 like this.
  18. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Use the search function at the top of the page is what most do. Jim

Good Cents likes this.
  19. Good Cents

I didn't realize we can search our owns posts.

Thank you Jim!

20. Good Cents

I didn't realize we can search our owns posts.

Thank you Jim!

21. Marsden

What's the rule for entering other people? I'm inclined to favor those who post for themselves only. Seems like this issue has come up already.

It occurred to me last night after signing off that anyone could just use the search feature and find someone who had mentioned x or y and then PM them telling them there's a free coin here.

Not say that happened, and I think tagging someone is fair game, but it may be a fly in the ointment. Of course one cure is to post less desirable coins ;)

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  22. Marsden

OTOH we could have tag team wrestling..

But seriously, I think Dano wins the dime.

Does that make sense to most of you?

Dano please PM your shipping address TY

Cheech9712, Stevearino, dano and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.