[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #72 (pick your *mystery* prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

Thays the point! Haha

Also was a big swimmer a ways back. Always smelled like chlorine lol

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TuckHard

TuckHard Well-Known Member

Entry post - looks like a fun mystery giveaway! I'd choose ancient/medieval if I was lucky enough.

Here's a group shot I took today with a fresh-from-the-post silver drachm from Kumaragupta I.

Group.jpg
    Kumaragupta I Garuda Type Variety B.png
    Gupta Empire of India
    Issued under Kumaragupta I
    c. 414-455 AD
    AR Drachm | 1.91g | 12.5mm wide | 2mm thick
    Obv: King's bust facing right, to the left imitative Greek legend "HOHO"
    Rev: Garuda center with a long neck and finely detailed feathers, legend "Paramabhāgavata mahārājādhirāja-śrī-Kumāragupta-Mahendrādityaḥ"
    Ref: Kumar's Kumaragupta I Garuda Type Variety B​

Theodosius, Railguy and lordmarcovan like this.
  4. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Entry Post - Category C please.

I tried taking pictures of my Dust Bunnies but they aren't particularly photogenic ;)

Hookman, Nyatii and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Entry post

Always a fun time with you. I’ll choose exonumia to see how far afield you can go and here is an old pic of my younger daughter who drives now and our Dane who passed a long time ago.

upload_2022-4-30_18-10-56.jpeg

6. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

Entry post:
    I think I'll go with CATegory C
    Once again, Thank you to lordmarcovan
    I'll try to post a pic of my cat later :)

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Prize C: US Coins

Thanks again for the opportunity, @lordmarcovan. Here's my most recent pickup, a 1914 $50 Red Seal Federal Reserve Note (Fr. 1022a), which is also my most expensive purchase to date. Without going into specifics, I could've bought a very nice piece of pre-33 gold for the price I paid.

Face:

[​IMG]

Reverse:

[​IMG]

lordmarcovan and Evan Saltis like this.
  8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Entry Post----C US coins Contest appreciated Lord M! :D Here's a recent Token I bought from the 1920's! :cigar:

11262449a.jpg 11262449b.jpg

9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Very nice mixed reef. Nice mature leathers. Good color on your LPS. Good flow with the MP40. Lots of actinic for color pop. What skimmer are you using? I'm guessing you're running LED's, not MH with actinic supplementation.

You must be involved in RC and/or R2R. I got the boot from RC about 15 years ago lol.

chlorinated and lordmarcovan like this.
  10. masterswimmer

Entry Post

Hope you're feeling ok Rob. I know this has been a rough 5-6 months for you.

Thanks for your unending generosity here.

I'm a US collector, so that would be my preference.

That said, here's a pic of my 2021 Secret Santa gift that has been a thorn in my side since receiving it. Why a thorn in my side you might ask? Well, these coins are beautiful. It seriously made me contemplate reconsidering the direction of my collecting. After putting lots of thought into it I decided that I just don't have the time, money, or space to collect everything. Self imposed limitations aren't always a bad thing, especially if they're well thought out.

Here ya go. My Secret Santa gifts.....

IMG_20211224_194913241~2.jpg

IMG_20211224_194814657~2.jpg

IMG_20211224_194500478~2.jpg

IMG_20211224_194547586~2.jpg

Theodosius, Paddy54 and Joshua Lemons like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Hey, MSwim- you should like this short video my friend @Aethelred just posted.

12. masterswimmer

Hey, there's a similarity there! ;)

13. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Entry Post. If per chance your hand lands on my post, I would be delighted to see what you might send in the way of US Coinage.
    Thanks for what you do.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. fullhart

fullhart Junior Member

Entry Post.
    B: World Coins
    So many interesting coins out there.

15. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Entry Post. World Coins are the most attractive to me, so I would opt for B,
    I just want to say that CT is a much more interesting place when LM is active. All of the contributors seem more energetic and interesting, plus LM adds dignity and humor ( rare combination) to the fora. Happy to see you active again.
    IMG_6626.JPG IMG_6627.JPG

16. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post
    I'd like to see what you come up with for A. It's been a while since I've bought an ancient coin and probably a sin that I haven't.

Here is an old photo of Stanley & Wolf. Stanley was full grown.

Wolf stood 39 1/2" at the shoulders and was well over 200 lbs. He could look in my bathroom window which was over 6 ft off the ground. Usually scaring any women that happen to be using the restroom.
    Wolf and Stanley.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

In honor of the little Sweetheart Grace, I will submit an ENTRY POST. I'll go with E, as the mixed bag of goodies sounds like it could be fun. Thanks Rob!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

This is my Polo. He became a part of the family a few years ago. He was an outside stray and after months of coaxing and winning his trust, and he is now the "top-dog".
    IMAG0184.jpg

love old coins and lordmarcovan like this.
  19. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Entry post
    Category C
    Any spinner token would be great.

20. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    C - U.S.Coins
    Thanx!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

Entry Post A, Ancient or Medieval. I like Roman coins the best, though I only have one.
    I thought this would be a good place to show off some of my Phase I clone army, it's a small sample size of my entire collection. In fact, everything I'm displaying in my room is a small sample size, because I can't fit everything and have to box up my older sets. These ones in particular are special to me, because I got them when I was quite young (2011-ish) and they had fallen into disrepair and I had to fish all the pieces out to rebuild them lately. The tank build is from @bricoleurbricks on instagram, and is the only MOC I have ever built that. IMG_20220428_214741544.jpg IMG_20220428_214741544.jpg IMG_20220501_132209944.jpg IMG_20220501_132235521.jpg original_cd0dca8d-62c9-4d00-8642-30b206795081_IMG_20220428_214853253.jpg

Hookman, Theodosius and lordmarcovan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.