[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #67 (pick your *mystery* prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM Giveaway #67 (pick your *mystery* prize)

This contest is now CLOSED. Winner was announced in Post #140.

This giveaway is brought to you by Huckleberry, the latest addition to our menagerie. Huck isn't just another foster kitten. He's a keeper, and in his new "forever" home with us now.

Huckleberry.jpg

Hello, and welcome to the latest giveaway. :)

This is my monthly "pick-your-prize" contest for December, 2021, though the prize choice works a little differently this time, as you will see below.

To enter this giveaway:

1. Type the words "entry post" at the top of your entry. You may reply to this thread multiple times, but only one entry post per contestant.

2. State from which one of the four categories below you would like your prize lot to come from. The prize this month will be items of my selection rather than the usual voucher to my online inventory. But you do still get some choice. Pick a category, and if you like, give me some additional ideas on what sort of thing(s) you might like to see in a $40-50-ish prize lot from your chosen category. Because that's the approximate retail value of stuff your mystery prize lot will contain. Regardless of which category you do pick, you're going to get at least one piece of silver in your mystery lot.

OR If you like, you may opt for a “mixed bag”, entirely of my choice. Just let me know.

3. If you win, please post here later to share the news of what you got, so we will all know that you received your prize (since everyone will probably be in suspense, right?)

MysteryPrize.png
    $40-50 USD approximate retail value. If the image above is not working, the categories are: (A) Ancient & Medieval, (B) World, (C) USA, or (D) Exonumia.

Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another CoinTalk member to receive your prize instead. Just name your designated member. Then if you
    do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached. Minors, please get your parents' permission to receive items in the mail.

The random drawing should take place on or shortly after Christmas Day (December 25th, 2021), but if it happens to get delayed by my absence, you may consider the contest to still be open and running until I return and announce its closing.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")
    Golden Isles of Georgia, December 1, 2021

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Giveaway archive

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

Alternately, if you win, and don't like the idea of getting "a pig in a poke", and you would prefer to skip the mystery, you may have the customary $25 ("pick your prize") credit from my inventory, instead. Just as we would usually do in the monthly contests. This is worth a little bit less than the $40-50 retail value of the mystery prize, but gives you more control over what you'll get.

My available online inventory has shrunken somewhat in the last few months, and while I've got lots of new stuff to add, I haven't had the time to photograph and list it all yet. That's why we're doing things a little differently this month. I do hope to eventually get all my new inventory listed online, but I've got lots of catching up to do there.

4. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

What a great theme for a giveaway. Just have to decide what category to select. I have to be at work so will enter later

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2021
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Okay I'll go first off.
    Entry Post--- U.S.A
    Like to see more Flying Egle Cents

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. lordmarcovan

Oh, BTW, if you choose the World category, your odds of getting a little bit more silver, or perhaps a slab, or a mint set, are a bit better.

CREATIVECRHUNTER and Theodosius like this.
  7. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post,U.S.A.

8. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Huckleberry! Another huge thank you for your generosity @lordmarcovan. May little Huck bring much joy to you and your family.
    Entry post, please.
    US, please (should i win).
    Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    Stevearino and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Entry post
    D. Exonumia

Lord M, Thank you for these frequent contests, as well as your other contributions to CT, which help to make it an enjoyable place to spend some time and gather information.

10. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Entry Post

I'll choose category D - just like my high school grade point average.

I didn't graduate in the lower 10% of my class fer nuttin' . . . . .

Signature cent - smaller.jpg

11. lordmarcovan

I managed to eke out a low “C” average, so nyah nyah! :p

ZoidMeister likes this.
  12. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post. Thank you LordM for you generosity of time and prizes.
    It's the mystery of the the prize that intrigues me. So if selected I would like you to choose the prize. Ancient, just getting started. World, so many coins so little time. US, can't go wrong here and exonumia, I've never seen a token, bar, slab, shell, bag, box, coin, book related to money that I didn't want. So dealers choice.

13. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Entry Post
    Category B - World
    The vast majority of my collection is World coins. As to mint sets i love them and the only "slabbed" coin I own is a GSA 1883 CC Morgan Dollar, but anything you send if I win will be treasured and filed away with from where and who it came from. Many thanks for an awesome giveaway and the chance to compete in it. To paraphrase the old Olympic motto, it is not the winning but the taking part.

14. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Entry Post - Thanks Lord Marcovan, this is a very cool way to arrange a contest. If I were to win, I would choose B. World. My interest in collecting (like many of us) came from organizing my father's world coins from his travels with President Eisenhower. History, travel, culture, politics and faith are all demonstrated in the world of coins.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Entry post!

My favorite numismatist!

upload_2021-12-1_9-24-58.jpeg

Theodosius and lordmarcovan like this.
  16. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

Entry post!
    I love a mystery prize! When I was a kid I used to buy $1 mystery grab bags of toys at a local store. I loved the suspense.
    If the random number generator lands in my favor, is like category A- ancient/medieval. Im just getting into ancients and I am leaning heavily towards Roman coins, but getting a feeling of what's out there.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Entry Post! Category A, ancient/medieval please!

What a fun way to run a giveaway! :woot: Thank you as always!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

Entry Post! Category B World for fun. Mainly because I have >99% USA.

Just for a fun pic, I can across this guy on a bike ride the other day:
    4935F4DF-5F7E-4F98-AAB7-7D9DD5B13A7C.jpeg

19. lordmarcovan

Rule 2. Pick yer category, @Treashunt.

Optional: give ol’ LordSanta some additional hints about what sort of stuff you might like to see in a $40-50-ish lot from that category, if you like, should you win. ;)

OR you could just leave the whole choice entirely up to me, like @beaver96 did, above. That’s fine if you want it that way. Just let me know. This “dealer’s choice” option is likely to result in a mixed bag.

CREATIVECRHUNTER likes this.
  20. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry Post. I like C the flying eagle cents. Normy says thank you...

177485651_104200951817060_8957260794536321610_n.jpg

21. lordmarcovan

Normy and Gucci are such handsome fellas... :cat::cat:

CREATIVECRHUNTER and spirityoda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.