[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #72 (pick your *mystery* prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM Giveaway #72 (pick your *mystery* prize)

This contest is now CLOSED. Winner was announced in Post #83.

This giveaway is brought to you by Grace, the latest addition to our menagerie. She is settling in well, but her play buddy Huckleberry stole her ball. (Also, note how much Huck has grown up since Giveaway #67.)

[​IMG]

Hello, and welcome to the latest giveaway. :)

Let's do another "mystery" lot, shall we?

[​IMG]

To enter this giveaway:

1. Type the words "entry post" at the top of your entry. You may reply to this thread multiple times, but only one entry post per contestant.

2. Pick from which category you would like your prize to be. The "mystery" prize lot will be items of my choice from your chosen category, and will likely include approximately $30-40-ish USD worth of stuff.

The categories you may choose from are:

A- Ancient and/or Medieval Coins (silver unlikely but not impossible)
    B- World Coins (possibly some silver, maybe a slab)
    C- US Coins (possibly some silver, maybe a slab)
    D- Exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.; likely including older stuff)
    E- Mixed Bag (an assortment, possibly some silver, maybe a slab)

3. If you win, please post here later to share the news of what you got, so we will all know that you received your prize (since everyone will probably be in suspense, right?)

Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another CoinTalk member to receive your prize instead. Just name your designated member. Then if you do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached. Minors, please get your parents' permission to receive items in the mail.

The random drawing should take place sometime in early June, 2022, but if it happens to get delayed by my absence, you may consider the contest to still be open and running until I return and announce its closing.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")
    Golden Isles of Georgia, April 30, 2022

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Giveaway archive

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Grace sure looks so cute !......I've always liked Dachshunds, and she's has my mums name......congrats on a real winner Gracie.

ddddd, expat and lordmarcovan like this.
  4. lordmarcovan

I'm more a cat person than a dog person, but I told Ladymarcovan that if there ended up being another dog in our bed (since Bosco the Pomeranian went to heaven earlier this year and she had to fill the hole in her heart somehow), I wanted it to be a wiener dog! And lo, along came Gracie Baby. She's eight weeks old.

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry post. Gucci wants in. Letter B for world coins. Thanks for the contest.

Image12312019104324.jpg

6. russell1256

russell1256 Well-Known Member

entry post

My first entry into a contest!! Yea!! "C-US Coins" is what I collect. THANKS!

7. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post C thanks!!. IMG_20220411_200216.jpg IMG_20220411_200250.jpg

8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

D0ujuoS_RVa-Bhv1qRKdhQ.jpg Entry Post Category C please..

Hey!! Another Awesome contest. Maybe I'll get lucky this time. It's been awhile!!;)

GH#75, EvanCrook1, spirityoda and 2 others like this.
  9. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

Entry Post

A- Ancient and/or Medieval Coins

Rascal Andy says . . .
    "Bark - Bark - Ruff - Ruff"
    (Translates to "Thank you very much!")

StewiePreHaircut.JPG

10. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Entry post!

thanks for the chance as always! I’m stuck between E and A… but I’ll go with A - for ancient.

Here’s a New Jersey copper I have been eyeing. Not much money right now (college student who hasn’t had a job in 2 yrs. besides selling some of my coins)

I hope I can claim it this summer, making it my first colonial (well, Articles of Confederation states coinage)

planchet flaw on obverse, but reverse is as beautiful as can be.
    62CE384C-917A-462A-949A-B33481DA75A4.jpeg A7FD035A-2C12-4766-BC2F-9AE484E18735.jpeg

11. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

Entry Post

C -US coins for me and Niki!

IMG_0292.JPG

12. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Entry Post please. C- US Coins

Smokey wants in IMG_1880.JPG

13. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Entry post US or World thanks for the contest. 20220420_175029.jpg 20220420_174957.jpg

14. lordmarcovan

I have always wanted an 1851-O 3-cent silver. Have yet to own one. Have yet to see that many that appeal to me without costing a fortune. That one looks quite wholesome.

Paddy54 likes this.
  15. nerosmyfavorite68

nerosmyfavorite68 Well-Known Member

So I just say Entry? The contest is very generous of lordmarcovan and Grace is adorable.

I'm a little confused. Is the winner picked by best coin, best pet, or is is random?

Entry. A.

It's a common coin of Heraclius, and I had a hoard to choose from. Despite the weak strike, the unusually lovely portrait of Heraclius made it the one for me.

12897.jpg

16. lordmarcovan

Random drawing. It’s all in the intro post. Pet pix, etc. optional. “Entry post” and category pick are all you need, so you’re OK.

Giveaway #67 (now complete) was like this one, and the winner got some ancients. Check it out to see what the finished contest looked like.

nerosmyfavorite68 likes this.
  17. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

ENTRY POST
    C- US COINS
    Many thanks @lordmarcovan for another chance for people to enhance their collections. Here is a Sterling Silver proof
    20220401_094840__2_-side-removebg-preview.png

18. chlorinated

chlorinated Well-Known Member

Entry post - thanks Lord M!

Ancient and/or Medieval Coins

I am more of a fish/coral guy myself...
    20220317_202454.jpg

TheCitrusGuy and lordmarcovan like this.
  19. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post I'll go with U.S. coin. Something copper.

20. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post.
    C please.
    My only pet now.
    DSCN1864.jpg

21. lordmarcovan

Love it. I had some nice freshwater aquariums many moons ago, but never crossed over to saltwater. Always wanted to, but I was a bit afraid of the learning curve.

PS- your username is somewhat terrifying in an aquarium context! :nailbiting:;)

chlorinated likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.