[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #65 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve minor

Steve minor New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ArbySea

ArbySea Well-Known Member

Entry post.

Thanks to @lordmarcovan for hosting another giveaway.

I know that at least part of the idea is for us to explain why we would like the particular coin we picked. In the last few giveaways that I’ve entered, I’ve hoped to win one of the US two-cent coins. But my number has never came up – it seems it’s time for a new approach. So the shield nickel would be nice. I have one, but it doesn’t have a readable date. Or maybe the Morgan. I have a Morgan, but the one in the inventory is gorgeous, and I think Morgans are awesome coins. Oh, what the heck, I’ll probably stick with the two-cent piece.

lordmarcovan and Lueds like this.
  4. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

•°•○•°•○•°ENTRY POST°•○•°•○•°•

Ukraine: colorized nickel-brass (albata) medal: Heroes of "Maydan" (Maidan), 2014

This would be my first medal and what an interesting one at that. I would enjoy learning all about this beautiful piece.

Thank you for the opportunity LordM!

CoinJockey73 and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

ENTRY POST

I’d love one of those 2 cent pieces.

Thanks @lordmarcovan !!!!!!!

CoinJockey73 and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

The Ferdinand & Isabella piece went off to @Lueds, after he won Giveaway #61. I still have the Krauwinckel jeton, though.

That Balboa is going into my personal "Eclectic Box" collection. It just returned from PCGS with an MS64 grade, which was slightly better than expected. I do, however, still have yet another Balboa- a 1934- which is nearly as nice, though not slabbed. Just haven't gotten around to photographing and listing it yet (as is the case with dozens of other coins).

love old coins likes this.
  7. lordmarcovan

I also added that Ukrainian "Heroes of Maidan" medal to my personal "Eclectic Box" collection, but if one of y'all wins the drawing, you may still have it.

CREATIVECRHUNTER likes this.
  8. lordmarcovan

Bump, to the top, to put this back above some of the closed stuff.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  9. BurrosCoins

BurrosCoins Well-Known Member

entry post

Thank you Lord Marcovan for the contest. Good luck to all the entrants. If I win I'd select the Bronze Indian Head Cent. I like the Native American themed coins.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. Qsins

Qsins Member

Entry post
    Been a few days since I looked but I would pick a flying eagle cent & give it to my dad.

I use to always ask my dad growing up what his favorite coin was & that was his favorite. I know he doesn't have one, I definitely didn't have a way to get him one back then so not sure why I kept asking.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

Then I guess I'll pick something else if I'm the winner...that's a real shame because I was thinking of purchasing it if no one won it.

lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
  12. love old coins

@lordmarcovan In your announcement post about this contest, you mentioned that there was more than one page on your site but when I looked at everything (even being logged into your site) I only saw one page. Don't know if it's just a fluke/bad joke my laptop is playing on me...sometimes it does the strangest things!

lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
  13. lordmarcovan

Sorry for the confusion. When this contest launched, there was more than one page in the gallery. However, due to attrition (shrinkage due to sales, and awarded prizes, and a couple of pieces I withdrew to put in my own collection), the gallery has contracted back to one page. Until I get around to adding new stuff.

14. love old coins

Thanks for letting me know...for once, it's not my malfunctioning laptop!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

David Connors has some nice affordable Spanish coppers of that era, most with attractive patinas, as is often the case with hoard coins from Spain. His store is where I got that piece from.

He’s also a good source for cheap Ancients.

love old coins likes this.
  16. dano

dano Junior Member

Entry Post.
    If i am the lucky winner, i'd chose the 1899-O Barber Half. Thanks to Lord Marcovan for running this (and all his other) contests!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

That sounds fine, thanks for letting me know. I would probably re-scan your entire offering, if I won, just to be sure what would fit my collection criteria at the moment, you offer many attractive items to select from, and I know from past experience that your coins are worth it.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

Entry Post:

My cat likes birds, and that United States copper-nickel Flying Eagle cent, 1857 has caught her eye.

cat.jpg

19. love old coins

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post.

I still hanker after the ¢3.

Thanks as always for the opportunity. :D

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. BasSWarwick

BasSWarwick Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    Thank you for your kind gesture

My choice would be
    Spain: silver 2-reales of Philip V, 1723-A, Madrid mint, with unknown counterstamp

The mystery of the unknown counterstamp appeals to me.

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.