[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #61 (pick your prize + extra bonus drawing)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Sep 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM Giveaway #61 (pick your prize + extra bonus drawing)

This contest is now CLOSED. Winners were announced in Post #115 (Prize A) and Post #119 (Prize B).

This giveaway is brought to you by Artemis. Sure, she's happy to give you a coin or two from her stash, but don't try to mess with her banana!

Wait... why is Arte holding a banana?!?

That's for her to know and you to figure out.

ArteBanana.png

Hello, and welcome to the latest giveaway. :)

This is essentially my October contest, though I'm launching it slightly early, and before the drawings for the September pick-your-prize contest (#58) are quite upon us.

There are two random drawings in this contest.

Two simple rules to enter this giveaway:

1. Type the words "entry post" at the top of your entry. You may reply to this thread multiple times, but only one entry post per contestant. Your one entry enters you into both drawings.

2. Tell us how you might hypothetically spend your prize voucher if you win Prize A, below.

• Prize A is a $25 ("pick your prize") credit from my inventory. You may always change your mind later, if you actually win. I just like to hear which items people find appealing, and why. If your prize selection(s) total less than $25, I will add additional gift coins to your package to round up the total. You may also choose prize(s) worth more than $25, but would owe me the difference if that is the case. Your prize here is the $25 voucher plus free worldwide shipping.
    • Prize B is an Uncirculated Great Britain "Churchill" crown from 1965. Or if you win Prize B and already have one of those, let me know, and I'll send you a different inexpensive-but-fun coin.
    Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another CoinTalk member to receive your prize instead. Just name your designated member. Then if you do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached. Minors, please get your parents' permission to receive items in the mail.

The random drawings should take place on or around November 1st, 2021, but if they happen to get delayed by my absence, you may consider the contest to still be open and running until I return and announce its closing.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")
    Golden Isles of Georgia, September 29, 2021

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Giveaway archive

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

Entry post:
    One of the silver capped bust halves. I don't have one yet and they are beautiful!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. chuckylucky5

chuckylucky5 Well-Known Member

Entry Post. I would probably get the Phoenicia (Arados) coin, since I don't have that Ruler.
    [​IMG]

john-charles and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

Which ruler is it? I thought that was an anonymous city issue?

Admittedly, I don't know a ton about ancient Phoenicia in general, or Arados in particular, let alone its rulers.

6. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post: I think that I would apply the credit towards the Hawaii Dime. Don't have one and that seems to be a big hole in my collection/accumulation. And once again thank you for giving of your time and generous prizes.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. TheCitrusGuy

TheCitrusGuy Member

Entry Post
    Thank You @lordmarcovan for these AWESOME giveaways!!
    I am actually torn between the Mexico (Spanish Colonial): silver 2-reales of Charles III, 1788-Mo FM, Mexico City mint
    and
    Lithuania: silver half-grosz of Sigismund the Old of Poland, 1512

I am starting a couple of new Mini-Sets. Most of you will think it's weird, but hey, I am about as weird as they come.
    I want to create a sheet of 2x2 flip holders, usually 20 per sheet, of each of the different Centuries. Nothing too rare, and from around the world. The 1800's are about halfway done, I want to start the 1700's, 1600's and possibly the 1500's I doubt I will go any earlier, I like actually being able to see dates and even the 1500's might not fit the bill. Told you I was weird!

8. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    I would choose one of these:
    United States: bronze 2-cent piece, 1865 or
    United States: silver proof Roosevelt dime, 1964 (Breen-3757 Pointed 9 variety)

I like the 2-cent pieces...they give me the feeling of being around at a very interesting time in American history...love the 1800's. I like the dime because it would make a nice addition to my collection and my dime collection needs something snazzy!
    Thank you Lord Marcovan for another chance to win goodies! You truly are a generous person and a rare breed.
    P.S. I have no idea why Artemis is posing with a banana! LOL

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

I don't think that's weird at all.

But then again, maybe I'm weird too. Hmm. ;)

Just go don't trying to start collecting dated coins from before 1500, or you'll have a tough time! We can't all be @tibor! I don't think I'd mind walking in his footsteps, though, if I had much deeper pockets...

10. lordmarcovan

I'd ask her for you, but she's asleep.

Maybe you having no idea is the whole idea. ;)

11. chuckylucky5

chuckylucky5 Well-Known Member

OK...I don't have that city

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

Ah. It's the only Phoenician I have, so I can sympathize.

13. lordmarcovan

I wound up sticking that one in my Eclectic Box collection for a while. That doesn't mean it's unavailable. It still will be, if anyone wants it.

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Entry Post

At this time, I don't have the slightest idea what I would do with the credit if I won!

15. lordmarcovan

Fair 'nuf. I just make people pre-pick simply because I like to hear what they like, and so they'll post something other than just "entry post" before leaving.

That preliminary selection is never set in stone, anyway. Winners are always free to change their mind later, based on what is available at the time they win the drawing.

Speaking of that, I will be trying to add some new stuff by the end of the month. I have a whole ton of new stuff to add, but there's only so many hours in the day to research, photograph, and list 'em, y'know...

16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry post. I would spend it on ice cream. I like lions on coins.

c4867aaa4dca4486b60a4f9be0dd1843.jpg

Normy says thanks for the contest...

10866030_674272659360002_1828656568654275507_o copy.jpg

17. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post.
    As always, thank you Rob.
    I might just buy this:
    [​IMG]

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

Entry Post:

Thanks AGAIN AGAIN @lordmarcovan still liking that Spanish 2 Maravedis. You have too many choices in reality. It's a bit like a smorgasbord where you want a LOT lol

19. lordmarcovan

That was a super-generous gift from @Eric the Red. I might just send it off to PCGS one of these days. It’s one of those coins where it’s hard to tell if it’s AU58++ or MS-something. If I do send it off (assuming someone doesn’t buy/win it in the meantime), and it comes back with a Mint State grade, it’s gonna be a keeper that winds up in my personal collection.

It’s right on the threshold between AU and MS. I reckon it could fall on either side of that line. Super sweet looking Walker half, either way.

Edit: apparently I had some kind of synaptic meltdown or something when I originally (and erroneously) credited @CoinJockey73 above with the gift of that coin. Which was rather confusing to him! Thankfully he pointed out the goof so I could set the record straight. I meant to type @Eric the Red.

The coin is going to @Nyatii now, and not to PCGS- not on my watch, anyway. But it might have MS potential. Salutations again to @Eric the Red for the thoughtfulness. And to @CoinJockey73 for catching my slip.

CoinJockey73 and masterswimmer like this.
  20. lordmarcovan

And here I was worried that the inventory was getting stale and didn’t offer enough <$25 options. :rolleyes:

There’s literally dozens of not a couple hundred more, though, awaiting research and photography and writeups, like I said. Only not enough free hours in the day to do all that, as I mentioned.

I’ll try to trickle out some new additions, one or two at a time, in the coming month, if and when I get the chance.

CREATIVECRHUNTER and Lueds like this.
  21. lordmarcovan

CREATIVECRHUNTER and spirityoda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.