[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #58 (two prize drawings)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM Giveaway #58 (two prize drawings)

This contest is now CLOSED. Winners were announced in Post #124 (Prize A) and Post #131 (Prize B).

This giveaway is brought to you by our latest batch of foster kittens: Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica. :cat::cat::cat::cat:
    KittyBasket.jpeg
    (They stayed still in that basket for all of about five seconds.)

Hello, and welcome to the latest giveaway. :)

There are two random drawings in this contest.

Two simple rules to enter this giveaway:

1. Type the words "entry post" at the top of your entry. You may reply to this thread multiple times, but only one entry post per contestant. Your one entry enters you into both drawings.

2. Tell us how you might hypothetically spend your prize voucher if you win Prize A, below.

• Prize A is a $25 ("pick your prize") credit from my inventory. You may always change your mind later, if you actually win. I just like to hear which items people find appealing, and why. If your prize selection(s) total less than $25, I will add additional gift coins to your package to round up the total. You may also choose prize(s) worth more than $25, but would owe me the difference if that is the case. Your prize here is the $25 voucher plus free worldwide shipping.
    Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another CoinTalk member to receive your prize instead. Just name your designated member. Then if you do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached. Minors, please get your parents' permission to receive items in the mail.

The random drawings should take place on or around October 1st, 2021, but if they happen to get delayed by my absence, you may consider the contest to still be open and running until I return and announce its closing.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")
    Golden Isles of Georgia, September 3, 2021

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Giveaway archive

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

This contest is now open.

Note that throughout the month, I’ll be trying to add more new items to my little vestpocket “store”, so that when October 1st rolls around, the winner of Prize A (the $25 credit voucher + free worldwide shipping) will probably have several more options to choose from than what is presently visible in the inventory as of this posting.

Coins are also subject to prior sale, so the preliminary prize picks you post when you enter here are not final- you'll be allowed to browse and choose from what's available at the time of the drawing. (I still like to hear people's prize picks up front, because I find that fun and interesting.)

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post the barber half dollar. 20210902_144831.jpg

expat, SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

There's going to be a nicer Barber half added to the inventory soon. I don't yet know what it'll be priced at (depends on what I paid for it). It's still in my new, as-yet unlisted inventory as of this post. Whether it will still be available at the end of the month when the drawings are done remains to be seen.

Edit: nope- gone now. Sold to someone in France.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Theodosius, Mad Stax, GH#75 and 2 others like this.
  6. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST
    I would choose either the 1865 bronze 2-cent piece or the 1865 copper-nickel 3-cent piece...reason being that I just love the look of these types of old coins. By the way, it shouldn't take long for those adorable kittens to find homes...too cute! Thank you for the contest @lordmarcovan!

7. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry Post: If picked I would choose one of the Philippine Pesos. This is a favorite coin Country/type of mine. Thanks again for your generosity.

8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

ENTRY POST : If I win , I choose #210812-25 The Flying Eagle Cent !! Thanks for the Contest .:happy:

9. lordmarcovan

Thanks for specifying the inventory number, since there are presently two different 1857 Flying Eagle cents. I realized I needed to start putting those numbers in the listings, for when I had duplicates!

10. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post. If I'm a winner pass my good fortune on to FurryFrog 2 Jr.

11. lordmarcovan

Good on you, @tibor. I shall do that very thing for the tadpole of @furryfrog02, should your entry win the drawing.

And then FF02 or FF02 Jr. will get to pick the prize if it’s the drawing for Prize A.

@furryfrog02 is still of course permitted to post an entry on his (their) own behalf as well.

12. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Entry Post

I love me some Trajan. Might have to grab this one from you. :)
    [​IMG]

13. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Very kind of you @tibor !
    FFIVN is off at school so I will post a coin in his stead. This is his current favorite coin in his collection. It has pride of place on this nightstand :)

We haven't had time to hunt down the Hartill number yet but we have an upcoming long weekend to do so :)
    IMG-3662.JPG

Theodosius, ominus1, expat and 4 others like this.
  14. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Even though I doubt I'll ever be lucky enough to win an RNG contest, but somehow if I'm enough to win, I'd like to use the $25 credit from Prize A towards the Panamanian Balboa. Respectfully @lordmarcovan, I'd also like to declare my interest in turning down Prize B. With that being said, here are two recent finds from the vending machines on campus; these are the cumulative results of going through almost $360 in change.

W Quarters MTSU Obverse.jpg W Quarters MTSU Reverse.jpg

15. lordmarcovan

There is also an additional Panamanian Balboa (a 1934, I think), in my as-yet unlisted new inventory.

And the RNG might just surprise you and smile upon your entry one of these days... ;)

PS- if you don’t want Prize B, perhaps you’d like an adorable, fluffy kitten instead? :cat:;)

16. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST.
    I started to say either Flying Eagle UNTIL you mentioned the Balboa. Do not have one.
    Whether I win or not, Thank you for what you do.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

17. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

It's happened to me... Maybe 2 or 3 times. You'll get it eventually.

Doesn't help that you're so generous, @Bradley Trotter and let your entries go to others occasionally.

18. OldRetiredGuy

OldRetiredGuy Member

Entry Post.

If I would win I would like the 1908 Indian Head cent - Inventory #210819-08 - I think it is a very nice looking IH cent and I never owned any nicer grades of this type coin.

Thanks for running another giveaway!

19. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Entry post
    Walking liberty half dollar.
    A0469134-AD34-4090-93DE-7BA41B42C5DF.jpeg

20. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Entry Post
    Roman Empire (Gallic Secessionist): bronze antoninianus of Victorinus, Cologne mint, ca. 270-271
    This would make an interesting addition to the small number of coins I have from the Cologne mint.
    It is nearly 6pm here in Spain and currently 31'C, and as always my cat finds the coolest places
    20210817_191100 (2).jpg 20210817_191227 (2).jpg

21. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post.

1848 cent for 2 bucks if the small gods are kind. :D

Thanks as always for the opportunity. :cool:

Just looking, honest. :rolleyes:

20210902_172305.jpg

SensibleSal66, Trish, expat and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.