[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #53 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM Giveaway #53 (pick your prize)

Update: this contest is now CLOSED. Winner announced in Post #130.

This giveaway is brought to you by Elvis and Lily.
    508F49A7-B429-474C-92C0-5A9DBD3A470E.jpeg

Hello, and welcome to the latest giveaway. (And happy Valentine's Day.) :)

To enter this giveaway:

Have a look at my swapstock gallery
    on CollectiveCoin. (Note: that's a very slow link, so give the page several moments to load.)

The winner will receive a $25 USD credit towards anything on that page, plus free shipping. Lots are subject to prior sale and availability at the time of the drawing. You may choose lot(s) worth more than $25, but would owe me any remaining balance if that's the case. The prize here is a $25 credit plus free shipping.

Post an entry post stating how you'd hypothetically spend your $25 prize credit if you won.
    This choice is not set in stone- you can always change your mind later if you actually win the drawing. I just like to hear people's prize preferences, to get an idea of what folks like, and why they like what they do.

One entry post per member.
    Additional conversational posts are fine, but will not increase your chances in the random drawing. You may, however, post an additional entry post on the tandem thread over on Collectors Universe if you have a membership over there. All entries made over there will be tallied up here, for inclusion in the same drawing. One entry post per member per site.

Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another CoinTalk member to receive the prize instead.
    Just name your designated member. Then if you do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

The drawing should be done via random number generator sometime in mid- to late March, 2021.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")

Brunswick, Georgia, February 14, 2021

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Giveaway archive

Side note: I occasionally go on hiatus and step away from the hobby, the forums, and even email for days or sometimes a week or two at a time. If that happens, fear not- I should come back around eventually. If there's ever a pressing need to contact me when I'm away, @kazuma78 and @CircCam know my phone number and can give me a heads-up via text message, if it's important. (I hope they won't mind my mentioning that.)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

G'day Rob!

Thank you for your generosity, as usual :cool:

Hypothetically, if I were to win, I'd love to add the 1864 2 cent coin to my collection... Having said that, too many choices mate lol.

Thanks

LaCointessa and lordmarcovan like this.
  4. lordmarcovan

And I want your Aussie sovereign avatar! ;):greedy:

Stevearino and LaCointessa like this.
  5. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

Lol... You and ME both buddy.

I have a non proof version, that's as close as I'll ever get to owning it. Too few of them made and they pretty much never come up for sale

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  6. lordmarcovan

This post (#5) is the entry post for luedsthegreat on Collectors Universe.

7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry post:

14937189_355119881504836_3644716089192972145_n copy 2.jpg
    12593462_883388115115121_5800358138030992276_o.jpg

Hypothetically speaking Max and I would very much like to win your United States: steel Lincoln Wheat cent, 1943-D because I do not have 1 graded that nice.

il_794xN.1820525361_sk8l.jpg

SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Entry Post .I'd like to win the 1956 Washington Quarter to add to my enpty spot in my Quarter series . Thanks in advance for the Contest ,. I also love Cats . Big and small.
    IMG_20201215_113954725_HDR.jpg download.jpg

capthank, spirityoda and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry post: Thank you Lord M, Your generosity is showing. If my number comes up I would take a set of your elongated coins as a memento of the goodness shown on this forum.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Entry Post

Thank you Rob for this and all of the other contests you have run for the CT folks.

I did not even bother looking through your gallery because I made up my mind beforehand that, should I win, I would like to donate the credit to some worthy member. In view of the current pandemic that has affected so many, I would like that it be donated to someone who is currently working at a hospital, clinic or other health care facility.

Let's wait to see if I win before we attempt to work out the rest of the details.

Thank you!
    Chris

11. lordmarcovan

This post (#10) is the entry post for beaver96 on Collectors Universe.

12. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post:

Thank you once again for the opportunity, @lordmarcovan. If I were fortunate enough to win, I'd select the same prize that I selected in your most recent contest.

Edit: My preferred choice of prize would be the Roman Provincial (Antioch on the Orontes): bronze AE 20 of Elagabalus, ca. 218-222 AD.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. lordmarcovan

For my benefit when I'm reading that in March, please state what it is again, to spare me the head-scratching and backtracking that would ensue. ;)

14. Bradley Trotter

I've gone ahead and updated both of my entry posts here and on CU to reflect my prize preference.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

This post (#14) is the entry post for EagleScout2017 on Collectors Universe.

capthank likes this.
  16. OldRetiredGuy

OldRetiredGuy Member

ENTRY POST: Thank you Lord M for this latest opportunity - if I would win my first choice would be the first item currently on your catalog - Greece (Ionia, Teos): bronze Æ10, ca. 3rd century BC; griffin & kantharos or any Ancient coin as I have never owned one and feel it would be a great conversation piece.

I too have been a Cat person all my 68 years on this Earth and this is our last pretty boy who I have been missing everyday now for over 10 years since he passed from this world.

DSCF1326a.jpg

17. kkm

kkm Active Member

Entry post

If I were to win, I think I would go for one of the 1857 dimes. I have been a fan of U.S. dimes ever since I found a 1939 dime metal detecting in my yard. Thanks for hosting!

Lime and lordmarcovan like this.
  18. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Entry Post

If I won I'd get the 2 reales, I've always loved these since I started collecting and would like to add one to the cabinet. Thank you once again Lordmarcovan for your generosity!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  19. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

ENTRY POST
    I would choose the first one in your list, Greece (lonia, Teos) Bronze. I do not own a single ancient, know nothing about them yet, but love the look of that piece and can only wonder what coins of that age have been through till reaching the hands of a collector.
    Our cat, Smartie, is giving me a look. Probably hoping I am online ordering something for her.
    20210206_165309-1-1.jpg

JCKTJK, tibor, Stevearino and 3 others like this.
  20. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Entry post

I’d take the Spanish 2 maravedis. I already picked this one in another contest (which I didn’t win). So keep trying ;)

thanks for the chance as always @lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. Bradley Trotter

In all likelihood, she could care less about what you order unless it's cat treats or toys. She's probably hoping whatever you order comes in a cat-sized box.

lordmarcovan and expat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.